Author Topic: Looking for some good ideas  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Magickal_Grenadier

• Participant
  • Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some good ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 03:27:57 AM »
I meant about the shady faerie.

Well I haven't been able to flesh anything out yet but I was thiking that it'll have to be some kind of Faerie Shapeshifter. I was thinking about modeling it's Demense after Mordor, witht he final confrontation between the players and the Faerie culminating at a reconstruction of Barad-dûr.
My Dresden Files purity rating is 43%

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 03:31:54 AM »
I generally have this issue and one of the best solutions I've found is to look at what the players grabbed onto and followed the most, even if I hadn't put any importance on that bit. I make note of those and then figure out how those elements can be made to have the importance the players thought they did. This forces me to come up with some overarching plots that I know the players are invested in.

Well, sadly, our group hasn't gotten to play any. We reached a Major Milestone in our Indianapolis game the last time we got together and our GM for that game had the idea to go ahead and shift to the game I've been working on so she could work more out for Indy. Unfortunelately, their work schedules changed and we haven't been able to work out a day we could get together to play.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 04:11:18 AM »
So basically a Fetch with a Demesne?

As it happens, the Ancient Sidhe Trickster from that alphabetical stunt list might be close. Tack on Demesne and there you go. Some of his stunts are overpowered, but not enough to cause trouble on an NPC.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll make something new. I've been meaning to get back to making characters anyway.

Is there anything unique that you have in mind for this faerie? Any unusual events or personality traits or abilities?

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 04:19:12 AM »
As it happens, the Ancient Sidhe Trickster from that alphabetical stunt list might be close. Tack on Demesne and there you go. Some of his stunts are overpowered, but not enough to cause trouble on an NPC.

Ah I hadn't even thought of that. I'll have to look at it and see if there's anything special needed.

Is there anything unique that you have in mind for this faerie? Any unusual events or personality traits or abilities?

Not that I can really think of. I was thinking of having him shift into the Witch-King of Angmar for the final battle.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:30:19 AM by Magickal_Grenadier »