Author Topic: Custom Fate Cards  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Fate Cards
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
Thanks for putting this up so fast, but the link doesn't work for me for some reason :(
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline LordDraqo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
I am experiencing the same issues.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »
I thought it was only me.

Offline The Mighty Buzzard

• Posty McPostington
  • Unemployed in Greenland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
It didn't like me in Firefox but works fine in Chrome.

I'll post a direct link if Bubba Amon Hotep has no objection.
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.

Offline LordDraqo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:09 AM »
My thanks.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
It didn't like me in Firefox but works fine in Chrome.

I'll post a direct link if Bubba Amon Hotep has no objection.

Thanks, that would be great. :)

Offline Dravokian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
download link worked fine for me just had to enter a captcha at the right side fo screen and wait a min so i could download without a membership and poof there it is

Offline Bubba Amon Hotep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:25 PM »
I have no problems.  I need to Do a Version 3 though.  Used the cards at a game the other night and found a final TYPO i need to correct.  If you have any suggestions about how to better share this I am all ears!

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
Huh, I hadn't noticed.  I'll keep an eye on the thread and update the link after you post the new version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39806406/CustomFateTokens.pdf
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 08:03:35 AM »
Huh, I hadn't noticed.  I'll keep an eye on the thread and update the link after you post the new version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39806406/CustomFateTokens.pdf

Thanks for this link. It works perfectly :D

Offline LordDraqo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
Fantastic. I love these, and will use them for my games.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
Very Nice!  Will plan on using them.  Great Job.

Offline zaq.hack

• Participant
  • I succeed, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
These do look amazing and are a great idea ... but ... "declaration" is misspelled "delaration."

I have just been using clear glass beads, but something with more "heft" would be nice. I also have a "karma" system in my game whereby a particularly douche-like action earns a "black stone" and advancing good causes earns a "white stone." I started this system before the players really understood how to even use the markers (and they are still largely clueless), but they became terrified of me bringing them a black stone very quickly ... which I found greatly amusing.
The bartender says, "We don't serve faster-than-light particles, here." A neutrino walks into a bar.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
Hrm.... Sounds interesting.  Think I'll start handing out additional markers too.  Not to implement a karma system or anything, just to make them nervous.

Offline zaq.hack

• Participant
  • I succeed, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
One of the players is "in the Russian mob" ... and his typical M.O. is to shoot first and not bother with questions. After the first game, he had two black stones, and I said NOTHING about them. Someone else did something epic-nice and I gave them a white stone. Eyes widened, and then people started looking at the mobster. Every once in awhile, I would say, "That shot is a hit ... or you could miss to get rid of one of those black stones." That's as much hint as I have given them on how I run them. They have asked about using them like Fate points in certain situations. "Can I use this white stone to do _________?" and that is how they've learned the rest of what they "know." No one has accumulated more than two of them at once and no one has tried to used more than one of them at once. The folks who have collected black ones have not bothered to see what they can do, either - they have all sent me e-mails after the game on various "atonements" that they wanted to do to get rid of them.

It has been a hilarious meta-game addition -- at least for ME as the GM. :-)

I don't know if any of them read this board, so I want to keep the system secret, for now. But it's an easy concept to adapt in any way you see fit. I originally had a more "Jedi Knight" idea about it, but it has turned the party (even the mobster) into crusaders. On the plus side, it has made for good harmony within the party (which can sometimes be tricky), but I think it has made the world slightly less interesting because the players have started quickly labeling everything as "black and white." "Winter Court = Black." Well, no ... not really, they just have a different agenda. "US Government = Black." Wait, they did come in and clean up the airport you left smoking ... that doesn't mean ... "Red Court = Black." Okay, yes, yes, those are actually bad guys. So, I need to introduce some sort of "gray" stones, maybe ... I dunno ... "balance stones" or something.
The bartender says, "We don't serve faster-than-light particles, here." A neutrino walks into a bar.