Author Topic: Unseelie accords  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
Unseelie accords
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:56 AM »

I think a book representing the Unseelie Accords would make for a great companion book for the RPG.

'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unseelie accords
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
Alas, this was covered during a discussion on Outsiders.  The game explores the world that Jim has constructed but it doesn't add to it.  The most the company could do is to get everything that Jim has said about the accords in one place and Jim "what do you by X" - then publish that... And something like that would have lots of holes.

Maybe the next book will have more on the Accords... Or the one after that...

Richard

Offline DFJunkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
The game explores the world that Jim has constructed but it doesn't add to it.
Yes... but.  From what I've read about the upcoming supplement it will include Jim-based information that hasn't made it into the series and may not, such as the fact that the Ways leading to the Gatekeeper's sanctum require a quick jaunt across the moon.  We might get more substantive information that Jim has dropped on Fred but won't be working into the books.

On the specific question of the Accords, I don't know if a full copy of the Accords even exists, and if it does I doubt we'll see it before the end of the series, if then.

Or the one after that...
From what I've read Evil Hat doesn't have plans for periodic splat books, though personally I'd love it if they did.
90% of what I say is hyperbole intended for humorous effect.  Don't take me seriously. I don't.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:09:35 AM »
Sorry, I didn't meant that Evil Hat would be publishing lots of books - I meant that Jim's next book might have something in it.

Richard

Offline DFJunkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:51:58 PM »
I wish you had meant that and had some inside line or something.  With the exception of crassly commercial supplements full of power creep I like splat books.  FASA used to put out a ton for Shadowrun and I avidly consumed them all, if only so I could suss out pieces of the metaplot. 

I seriously hope that once he finishes the series he decides to release his background notes and extraneous tidbits that he couldn't fit into the books as the Encyclopedia Dresdenica or something. 
90% of what I say is hyperbole intended for humorous effect.  Don't take me seriously. I don't.