Author Topic: I am the One Ring!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
I am the One Ring!
« on: September 25, 2011, 03:11:02 AM »
Ok, I know this is bizzarre but I came up with the idea a while ago and even wrote up a custom power for it, but never got around to fully writing out the character. Now I've picked the idea back up, and here is what I've got.

Name: Eric Camden

HC: Wizard's Soul Bound to a Ring
TR: The Lust for the Ring
OA: Born in the 1800's; A Strong Will, to Survive Alone; Tempting the Bearers; ??; ??

Skills
5 Lore
4 Conviction, Discipline, Scholarship
3 Alertness, Deceit, Presence
2 Empathy, Intimidation, Rapport
1 Endurance, Investigation, Performance

Powers & Stunts
-0 Bound Spiritual Entity
   -Called to Bearer
   -Possession
-3 Evocation
-3 Thaumaturgy
-1 Refinement
-1 The Sight
-0 Soulgaze
+1 Item of Power (You)*
-2 Sponsored Magic (You)*

Bound Spiritual Entity [+3]
Description: You are a spiritual entity imprisoned in a physical object, you have no body, and cannot act in the physical world without a bearer.
Effect:
Unbodied. You cannot take physical skills,  you cannot move yourself, and you cannot communicate verbally and other neat things.
Communicate with Bearer. You are able to telepathically speak with the bearer of the object you are tied to.
License to Possession. You may take the possession upgrade of Domination in order to possess your bearer.
Called to Bearer [-1]. You have the ability to tie yourself to the bearer of your physical prison, and you can teach them to call your prison to their hand.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: I am the One Ring!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »
Hm.

Not sure how the possession thing works. Does it let you take Possession without taking Domination first?

The IoP part seems unfair since the IoP in question here cannot be separated from the character. But maybe that asterisk means something important...

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
Hrm maybe I should have wrote more out :P.

The asterisks are indeed important, it was supposed to mark that the powers attached to the IoP bonuses are given to the bearer, and dont benefit the ring itself. So it actually totals to -1 cost for the ability to act as a magical sponsor to the wearer of the ring.

Yes, it allows you to take possession without taking domination, though domination would be a nice power to have for this type of character.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:46:53 PM »
Makes sense.

I suggest you include the ability to be someone else's IoP in the description of Bound Spiritual Entity. It's just confusing otherwise.