Author Topic: White Court Fae?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: White Court Fae?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »
Another point to be made, aren't the bodies Fae use in the mortal realm just ectoplasm?  Stuff that disappears after they're done with it?  Unless it was a male fae, a female fae outside the Nevernever likely wouldn't be able to even BE impregnated, much less give birth to anything.

There's an example that may or may not be applicable to this question depending on how you feel about undertown.

In summer knight
(click to show/hide)
If you feel that undertown is a part of the physical world then there's an answer.

Offline Raidensparx

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »
There's an example that may or may not be applicable to this question depending on how you feel about undertown.

In summer knight
(click to show/hide)
If you feel that undertown is a part of the physical world then there's an answer.

Undertown has never really been explained, but considering just the grand scale of how many fae and other Nevernever creatures hang out there?  I have a hard time believing it's just part of the physical world.  Might be a place where the barrier between the two places is weaker, or undertown is an always open gate, or some other strange occurrence that has never been explained.  But yeah, it's hard to consider it still part of "our" world.
DV Raidensparx V1.2 YR4 FR(M)(0) BK++ RP++++ JB TH+ WG+ CL SW+++++ BC+ !MC SH(Murphy++++ Thomas---- Lea---)

Special Code: Murphy Shipping (Kincaid---)

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 10:45:34 PM »
I would wonder then what you would think would happen if a white court vampire and a fey mated? I don't see any physical reason why they wouldn't conceive (other than the normal ones). What would that child be like?
I'm not entirely convinced that anything would happen at all.  While there is no concrete canon answer to this, I tend to feel that there are plenty of power-hungry WCVs and Fae out there, enough that if it was possible to create a hybrid WCV/Fae with the powers of both, then Dresden would be tripping over them.  I think that Fae and WCVs breed with humans because that is how they breed.  Why?  Because along with their mortality, they have lost that small spark of creation -- the ability to create new life -- that mortals have but that they can only steal from mortals.  Heck, WCVs can't even sustain their own life without the help of mortals, let alone create a new life.

Offline Clotho19

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
Another point to be made, aren't the bodies Fae use in the mortal realm just ectoplasm?  Stuff that disappears after they're done with it?  Unless it was a male fae, a female fae outside the Nevernever likely wouldn't be able to even BE impregnated, much less give birth to anything.

In Small Favour, chapter 2 when harry kills the gruffs
"That corpse is still there. It's mostly a burned mess, but it didn't dissolve"
"Yeah," I said. "Faeries aren't wholly beings of the spirit world. They leave corpses behind."

So the fae are not made of ectoplasm, rather they have physical bodies and therefore should be no issue with mating people. Now whether they can mate with White Court, cannon hasn't stated either way. Personally i would allow it, but only in the case of a White Court Virgin/Changeling, becoming one of the Fae or a full White Court Vampire would be choosing one side and therefore losing the powers from the other.

Offline LordDraqo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »
My take on the Fae and The White God are quite a bit different from that of many people. The Nevernever is more than just the Courts of the Sidhe, and there is no reason to assume that Asgard, Olympus, and the rest are not accessible if you know where to go and how. As for the question of angels, remember that bible speaks of the sons of god and the daughters of man having children.