Author Topic: The Brewmaster is in.  (Read 89180 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: The Brewmaster is in.
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2013, 09:12:20 PM »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline uranage161

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:15 AM »
So I'm a homebrewer as well.  I use a no rinse cleanser, and it's not that hard to keep everything clean.

I'm looking for a more in depth description of Mac's beer so that I can make a version of it and nerd out!

Right now, all I've got is that it's dark and best served at cellar temperature.  What else?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:58 AM »
There are a few of them, if memory serves.  One was probably a nice nut brown ale, a sweet and malty, not so bitter or hoppy brew.  Another was mentioned as having a smokey taste, probably another brown ale with the addition some smoked malt or grains.  Might have been a scottish ale or even an oatmeal stout with the smoked grains added.  Mac sounds like an all-grain brewer rather than an extract sort of fellow, but that takes a great deal more time, and I've too ignorant tastes to notice the difference...

Offline Enchantedwater

• Needs A Life
  • The Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:03 AM »
I would recommend a cider at BJs. It's delightful.
"It was all like BAM! What now sucka!? Bring on your silly retinas, I got tricks!" - Wat 8)

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
I have discovered a new Gluten Free beer!

If you have heard of Estrella Daum, they have a new beer out called Estrella Daum Dura that is gluten free. It's delicious! They made it from barley but they flitered it down to like 1 ppm so it's safe for even Celiac's. However they don't market it on the box as Gluten Free because they think people wont buy it if they think it's GF and they want all people to drink it not just GF people. :)
MF you  should stop shoving things in peoples mouths. I'm feeling left out. :(
Oh really? Huh. Well this is awkward.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »
Good find!  Thanks for sharing that.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
Lets take a moment to salute this Pioneer of the Future:

http://www.ibtimes.com/michal-bodzianowski-11-year-old-colorado-boy-will-brew-beer-space-photo-1416866

An 11-year-old Colorado boy may have found a way to literally make a beer that's out of this world. Michal Bodzianowski, a sixth grader at Douglas County's STEM School and Academy in Highlands Ranch, Colo., recently won a national competition where his beer-making experiment will be flown to the International Space Station. Noting that beer is safer than contaminated water, Bodzianowski note that beer could be useful “in future civilization as an emergency backup hydration and medical source."
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Mike454

• Lurker
    • View Profile
McAnally beer and Sam Adams Brewery
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »
Sam Adams Brewery is noted for their short run specialty beers. Have you considered arranging for Sam Adams to make "Mac" or McAnally" beer?  I live in a small town  but the local liquor owner would be willing to special order me a case of "Mac" beer! I have several friends who would buy some for the  novelty.

I'm certain that if I bring a case of "Mac" beer, my brother-in-law would fire up his smoker and we could have a nice family picnic.

Mike

Offline Graves

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
where i live just north of Philly there is a winery, Stone and Key. that also makes wonderful cider. I go in and they know to pull me a pint of their 'cherry pie' which is a little sweet and very tart.
Five words only: We are kids next door!

Offline MattDavidson

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »
Anyone has a recipe to recreate Mac's ale? I turn 18 next year and since that is the age when I can both drink and brew my own beer (I'm Singaporean. Minimum age is 18 for alcohol here.) and I'd like my first taste to be something good and not cheap trashy vodka or somesuch.

Offline cephis

• Posty McPostington
  • For the ZaLord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2021, 10:56:01 PM »
I skipped to the end of the thread  so, what type of beer is macs beer? I'm a hop head these days
Still miss Bob DV Cephis V1.2YR4FR3BK++RP++JB+TH(+)WG+CLSWBC+MC SH[Elaine++Murphy+++Ivy+Molly++Marcone--- Bob---- Susan+(
(click to show/hide)
) Any male Ch-- Any female Ch+]FF+++MS+AND--