Author Topic: Registration emails  (Read 27827 times)

Priscilla

Registration emails
« on: May 26, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
Is anyone else having problems registering?  I haven't received my registration email, even after I tried re-sending it twice, using two different addresses.  I checked my spam filter, and still nothing.  Mods, what do you suggest?

Priscilla

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Registration emails
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »
Other folks have been getting their registration mails just fine ... it's possible things may just be slow getting to you.  If you don't get an email in the next, say, 15 minutes, post here, and I'll activate your account by hand.

EDIT: Let me know what account name you registered with (and which one you registered with but won't be using, so I can clear it away)!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Priscilla

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »
Still nothing.  I registered under uid: priscellie, email: priscellie@gmail.com

You can delete uid: priscilla, email: pspencer@seas.upenn.edu

Thanks!

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »
Innnnteresting.  I only saw the Priscellie one signed up -- no priscilla at all.  So something was weird there, at the least.

There are a number of folks with gmail addresses still waiting.  Maybe something's up with gmail.

EDIT: And I should have said -- I've activated you and had it try to send you an email to that effect.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Nebbish

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »
nope, I got my registration through gmail in under 2 minutes, and am happily activated!

wavsite123

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:20:17 PM »
I've also had the extreme delay in getting the registration email - it's been about an hour and a half, and still nothing.  Help?  User name wavsite, email wavsite.groups@gmail.com.  Hope I didn't typo, that would be so embarrassing...

Note - had to use wavsite123 to post this, 'cause it says "wavsite" has been used, so I know I'm in the DB, but just tried logging in and it says "must verify email address first".

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
It worked!  Thanks a bunch.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »
I've also had the extreme delay in getting the registration email - it's been about an hour and a half, and still nothing.  Help?  User name wavsite, email wavsite.groups@gmail.com.  Hope I didn't typo, that would be so embarrassing...

Note - had to use wavsite123 to post this, 'cause it says "wavsite" has been used, so I know I'm in the DB, but just tried logging in and it says "must verify email address first".
You should be set
Fred Hicks

Offline wavsite

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 07:10:54 PM »
Thanks Fred!  Funny thing is, I only found out about the boards via a reply to a reply to your announcement message, at about 12:30 pm.  I JUST got the announcement message, at 3:10 pm, time stamped at 11:44 am.  Crazy Gmail - usually speedy as heck, but wonky with Butcher stuff... must be Harry's influence!

Anyway, thanks, glad to be here and logged in as me!
Jayne: “He looked bigger when I couldn't see him.”
Bushwhacked, episode 3 of Firefly

Offline neminem

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 07:23:44 PM »
Yup. I likewise used my gmail address, and it took a while (~an hour) to get here. I'm in now, though, and it's looking good.

Offline Donna

• Participant
  • Always look on the bright side of life...
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »
That's strange.  I use gmail too and it only took ten minutes or so to get my notification.  But when I used the link to go back here and log in, I never had to enter the code that was in the email.  Were we supposed to need it?
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
The code was in the link -- when you clicked it, you sent it.
Fred Hicks

Rages

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 02:14:53 PM »
ok it's been a while i think it's time to admit i may have killed my reg email.

i changed my email address in the did you miss your email part to my new address after i first registered but my net connection has decided to be dodgy as hell today, constantly reconnecting, so i don't know if it sent through one or twenty times. but that was over an hour ago and i haven't received an email to either account so i may be having the same problem as the others.

the email address i prefer is behind_the_wall_59@hotmail.com and the user name is Rage

can you let me know what's happening? thanks!

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 05:34:34 PM »
ok it's been a while i think it's time to admit i may have killed my reg email.

i changed my email address in the did you miss your email part to my new address after i first registered but my net connection has decided to be dodgy as hell today, constantly reconnecting, so i don't know if it sent through one or twenty times. but that was over an hour ago and i haven't received an email to either account so i may be having the same problem as the others.

the email address i prefer is behind_the_wall_59@hotmail.com and the user name is Rage

can you let me know what's happening? thanks!

I've pushed your registration through.
Fred Hicks

Barb

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 03:36:35 AM »
I registered this morning and still haven't gotten anything back.  I requested a new activation email and still nothing.

Barberella
elecbarberella@yahoo.com

Can you help?