Author Topic: Edumacation And Enlearnment  (Read 147745 times)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
Edumacation And Enlearnment
« on: September 02, 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
During my time on the forum, I've noticed that we've got forumites with a wide variety of careers and educational backgrounds that have come up in random conversations, ranging from high school to a gazillion doctoral degrees in superspecificethnolinguistics (*cough, cough, Shecky, cough, cough*).  So, I thought it'd be interesting to see what sorts of educational backgrounds folks have.  I'll kick it off:

I got a triple major for my Bachelor's--History, Political Science, and Criminal Justice.  I've also got a Masters of Business Administration, and am considering a Masters in Strategy/Innovation/something of that nature in a few years.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:36:11 PM by Paynesgrey »
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Edumacation
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:00:22 AM »
Come December I'll have a BA in Psychology and then I'm going to move on and get an MFA in Professional Writing.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
I have a doctorate in biology and I have also a professor title (I don't know how it translate to USA system. It would be a college degree in biology teaching)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline shadowlost

• Conversationalist
  • I'm the Dark God whose mind Shades came from...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:30:59 AM »
I'm working on my Psych degree. I was close to getting a degree in Veterinarian Medicine but I let that go.
Instead of a denarian. I got a copper piece. Now I'm host to the fallen one known as Cheapassius.

When I read DF Spoilers Thread. It's like Occam's Razor be damned. :D

Offline Alablast

• Seriously?
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:46 AM »
I have a high school diploma!...  I'm nearing the end of a year's worth of college towards a networking degree, and I'll be taking cert tests come October, hopefully.
"There are other ways!"
"Then you should have explored them before you tore our people apart!!"

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 04:30:34 AM »
M.S. in biology.  I've mainly concentrated on wildlife/ecology, but I have fairly broad training.

Once I get a bit more settled here I want to start looking more in earnest into some GIS training.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Madd

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 04:32:51 AM »
I have a BS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and am currently getting my Masters of Applied Science:  Chemistry.

EDIT:  I have no desire to ever get a Ph.D!  I'm sooooo done with school after I've completed this.  I like learning, and love doing research, but I am ready to get my life started dammit!  :D

Offline TheWinterEmissary

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 06:23:32 AM »
I was never very interested in school (theoretically yes, in terms of the classes/professors I actually had not so much). 

But I still managed a BA in Political Science and an AA in Speech Communications. 

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
I have a high school diploma. And I am currently in college working for my degree in the History and Culture of Asia and the Middle East. :)
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline FireWorks

• Posty McPostington
  • On the lookout for minions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »
In August, I'll have both B'Tech and M'Tech degrees in Electrical Engineering. I'm still considering if I really want an MS or PhD or even an MBA in the future.

Offline DoTArchon

• Posty McPostington
  • Lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
I have a Grade12 (high school diploma equivalent?) :-[

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
I have a Grade12 (high school diploma equivalent?) :-[

Nothing wrong with that!  Up until my parents', nobody in their families ever went to college.
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Phid

• Posty McPostington
  • well... i will give anyone a hug...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
i have a highschool diploma
and a theroetical degree in BS
DV<Phid> V1.2 Yr4  Fr(.5) BK++ RP-  JB TH +++ WG CL++ !SW—BC++ MC+ SH[Mavra+, Molly++]

Offline MouseWynne

• Seriously?
  • Never seek to know for whom the bell tolls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »
I have a BA in "Liberal Studies" which in California is the prelude to getting a teaching
certificate.  I had no interest in being a teacher and ended up in that course due to
being hijacked by my adviser. ::) My minor was Anthro and I'd only need one more class for a
BS in that.
Beware of people who dislike cats. Irish proverb

Cliffs are for climbing, that's why God gave us grappling hooks.  Constable B. Fraser, RCMP (Due South)

Offline zavierchicky

• Participant
  • I lurk. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
Double BA's in Psychology and Criminal Justice with double minor's in Community Health and Women's Studies.  I started in nursing but bailed on that ( I am way too obnoxiously independent to play well with others on a health care team, as I found out after a year of clinicals )

All of which I do precisely diddly with  ;)  Well, unless you count all the Psych involved with raising kids, volunteering on several Boards for local stuff and attempting not to bop my clients over the head when they want the impossible  ;D

DV zavierchicky v1.2 YR4 FR1.5 BK++ RP JB TH (++) WG CL (++) SW BC (++) MC ++ I float no boats nor ships of any kind...
Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 50.2% - Warden...  I really need to either start posting around here, or channel my long dormant D&D skills into some RPG time soon!