Author Topic: Dresden Files Purity 2.0  (Read 22245 times)

Offline co99p

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files Purity 2.0
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 02:30:11 AM »
Senior Council

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 45.3%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:54.7%
Social Skills:72.8%
Armed Combat:3.1%
Unarmed Combat:37.2%
Funny Stuff  XKCD http://xkcd.com/585/   Indexed http://thisisindexed.com/     
Ignorance is what killed the cat. It then framed Curiosity for the murder. No harm in asking.

Offline Technobuilder

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 78.4%

Supernatural Power: 84.1%
Social Skills: 75.8%
Armed Combat: 60.7%
Unarmed Combat: 78.3%

Okie Dokie.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
I'm suddenly afraid because I have a higher purity score than the Goddess...*afraid...very afraid*

Only because the test does not include "..if you ever chilled with Jim and his awesome niece in their hotel room, watching 'Twilight'," "..if Shannon has baked you Victory Cookies for completing a map for Jim's books," "..if you signed stuff alongside Jim on multiple occasions," or "..if Jim has betaed something you wrote and written you a letter of recommendation to grad school." :D

It's like an IQ test.  It's effective and valuable for 99.9% of the population, but it has difficulty measuring that top .1%. :D

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
Only because the test does not include "..if you ever chilled with Jim and his awesome niece in their hotel room, watching 'Twilight'," "..if Shannon has baked you Victory Cookies for completing a map for Jim's books," "..if you signed stuff alongside Jim on multiple occasions," or "..if Jim has betaed something you wrote and written you a letter of recommendation to grad school." :D

It's like an IQ test.  It's effective and valuable for 99.9% of the population, but it has difficulty measuring that top .1%. :D

Exactly.

I could have easily put a whole bunch of "if you are a moderator" or "if you are a beta reader" type questions which would have clearly put Priscellie/Shecky/Fred at the top , but I felt that these wouldn't be as much fun to the general population.  Instead, I (mostly) put questions that any rabid fan could attain with a little work, knowing that the Alphas/Betas are well aware of their worth and wouldn't feel slighted by other people getting higher scores.

Still, it would be interesting to see what kind of score Jim would get if he took the quiz....  ;)
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »
Hmph. I was still looking for "... if you've ever plotted with Shannon to surprise Jim" and "... if you know who 'The Boy' is." :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
You have the rank of

Senior Council

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 54.4%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:72.3%
Social Skills:66.7%
Armed Combat:9.1%
Unarmed Combat:41.1%

~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline MadhaL

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
only 0.2 diff. from before

Eldest Gruff
Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 53.3%

Supernatural Power:78.2%
Social Skills:60.7%
Armed Combat:18.2%
Unarmed Combat:27%

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
Exactly.

I could have easily put a whole bunch of "if you are a moderator" or "if you are a beta reader" type questions which would have clearly put Priscellie/Shecky/Fred at the top , but I felt that these wouldn't be as much fun to the general population.  Instead, I (mostly) put questions that any rabid fan could attain with a little work, knowing that the Alphas/Betas are well aware of their worth and wouldn't feel slighted by other people getting higher scores.

Still, it would be interesting to see what kind of score Jim would get if he took the quiz....  ;)

Yeah, you definitely made the right call.  The mods and betas don't really have anything to prove, and we wouldn't want fans feeling like there was something holding them back from a higher score!

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
Yeah, you definitely made the right call.  The mods and betas don't really have anything to prove, and we wouldn't want fans feeling like there was something holding them back from a higher score!

Dang, I feel a bit of an a** now for having the highest score.  Course, I could always pin a good bit of that on 'Scellie, since her letting me crash at her place for NYCC last year got me started on the whole signed-books/cosplay/interact-with-Jim thing.  ;)

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 07:38:43 PM »
took this on a whim and here are my results:
You have the rank of

Blackstaff

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 62.8%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:90%
Armed Combat:12.2%
Unarmed Combat:43.6%

I may not have the highest score, but I'm pretty cool with that. Thanks to Shecky and Priscilla I have FAR better memories and for me that's all that matters :) For the record I can Name all the mods and have met all but one :)
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
took this on a whim and here are my results:
You have the rank of

Blackstaff

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 62.8%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:90%
Armed Combat:12.2%
Unarmed Combat:43.6%

I may not have the highest score, but I'm pretty cool with that. Thanks to Shecky and Priscilla I have FAR better memories and for me that's all that matters :) For the record I can Name all the mods and have met all but one :)

Yeah, we're gonna have to take up a collection or something and MAKE Mickey come up here. And I'm still holding on to my mental picture of Betacon.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »

Well, he hasn't really played the DFRPG, and he has not posted a lot here. I guess he hadn't read all the WoJ threads, and he has not written any fantastic theory here in the forum  ;). So...
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
Dang, I feel a bit of an a** now for having the highest score.  Course, I could always pin a good bit of that on 'Scellie, since her letting me crash at her place for NYCC last year got me started on the whole signed-books/cosplay/interact-with-Jim thing.  ;)

You shouldn't.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I mean, like it or not  (as I understand it), you are the epitome of a fan gone completely rabid.  Look at how you started from nothing, spent hard-earned money to acquire one of the most complete collections of Butcherverse items I know of, and trained your mind to attain supreme Dresden-Fu.  That story about the time you made it to a convention hundreds of miles away using only a cloak you bought from a tinker for an iron penny, and copper penny, and a silver penny is legendary, and you are the only Butters I know who can actually play Polka. 

Heck, the only reason your score is attainable is because I didn't add an Alera section.  If I had, "Myyron Eopia" would have probably been the highest rank.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »
Well, he hasn't really played the DFRPG, and he has not posted a lot here. I guess he hadn't read all the WoJ threads, and he has not written any fantastic theory here in the forum  ;). So...

<nods head>

Sure, but think how cool it would be if he could tell people that he has fans that are so fanatic, they scored higher than he did...
DV Geek code:

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
You have the rank of
Senior Council
Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 44.9%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:60.6%
Armed Combat:9.1%
Unarmed Combat:29.5%
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?