Author Topic: Harry Dresden, Most Wanted [GS Spoils]  (Read 10744 times)

Offline MartyTaylor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Dresden, Most Wanted [GS Spoils]
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »
The White Council has been around for centuries. I'm sure they know how to cover their own when they need too and have the people in place to do so.

But why would the White Council start helping him now?
DV MartyTaylor v1.1 yr8 fr1 BK+++ JB- TH++ WG++ CL SW(+) BC+ SH[Elaine+++ Murphy-]

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
But why would the White Council start helping him now?

In order to maintain the passage through winter domains?

Talking about the passage, was it linked to the duration of the RC war?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
In order to maintain the passage through winter domains?

Talking about the passage, was it linked to the duration of the RC war?

From Summer Knight ....
The Merlin stepped in smoothly. "It means that we must continue whatever
diplomacy we may with Winter. At all costs, we must secure the cooperation of one of the
Sidhe Queens-or at least prevent the Red Court from accomplishing an alliance of its own
until this conflict can be resolved."

At the end ... from Mab ...
"Of course. The wizards will have safe passport."

The implications are that it was until the war witht he Rams was over, but, who knows really.  I'd say she'll allow safe passage until she decides she doesn't need to any longer.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
At the end ... from Mab ...
The implications are that it was until the war witht he Rams was over, but, who knows really.  I'd say she'll allow safe passage until she decides she doesn't need to any longer.

Unless Harry has the authority to negotiate, in which case he could end up manipulating the Council, and pissing Mab off all at once.

Offline Tesla

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
Well if Lash is well and truly back, he should be able to lie convincingly enough :).

Rudolph was really pushing it to get Harry into trouble and if he is found to be dirty, Harry will be able to point to him and say: "He was trying to set me up the whole time."

Also, the M Trust (Mab, Marcone, Monoc, and Murphy) ought to have enough leverage to protect Harry at least a bit, especially with the fall of the Reds. Since Murphy is running free after everything I would suspect that Harry ought to be somewhat safe. But will still be a 'Person of Interest.'

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 05:28:17 PM »
Well if Lash is well and truly back, he should be able to lie convincingly enough :).

Not to Tilly.  But he's on his side, the last we saw.

Also, the M Trust (Mab, Marcone, Monoc, and Murphy) ought to have enough leverage to protect Harry at least a bit, especially with the fall of the Reds. Since Murphy is running free after everything I would suspect that Harry ought to be somewhat safe. But will still be a 'Person of Interest.'

As for the House of M, Mab probably wouldn't have much authority in the mortal world, nor would she see the need; Monoc isn't established in Chicago, at least as far as we know, and I don't see a mercenary organization having authority with the FBI; Murphy probably has NO authority anymore, and Rawlins and Stallings can't stick their necks out too far.  Sadly, Marcone is in the best position to help him, but there's two issues I see with that: One, that it would require Harry accepting help from Marcone; and two, that Marcone extensively helping the Winter Knight would put Winter in his debt.

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
As for the House of M, Mab probably wouldn't have much authority in the mortal world, nor would she see the need;

Yeah, I see her response being, "You have a problem with the local authorities? Well, deal with it. I can't have my Winter Knight incapacitated." If Harry gets locked up, she'll probably just pluck him out of prison into the Nevernever, and then he'll have to deal with being a fugitive. He'd end up living mostly in the Nevernever and/or Demonreach.

Honestly, I think Tilly will be in charge of the investigation so Harry will be okay. He can even tell the truth. "I was shot, fell into the lake and woke up on an island alive, but in a great deal of pain. That's probably all you want to put in the official report, but if you must know, it turns out I was getting CPR from a faerie queen for 6 months until my soul could return to my body."

Offline Tesla

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
Yeah, I see her response being, "You have a problem with the local authorities? Well, deal with it. I can't have my Winter Knight incapacitated." If Harry gets locked up, she'll probably just pluck him out of prison into the Nevernever, and then he'll have to deal with being a fugitive. He'd end up living mostly in the Nevernever and/or Demonreach.

Mab has a vested interest in the Mortal realm. Faerie is so closely tied that she controls the weather. Deals with Mortals increase her power. Deals with mortals of power even more so. There is a reason she wants her hooks in Harry. I am more than certain that Mab could make a Deal with the right people if she chose to do so. She has some knowledge of what is to come, and knows Harry is central to it. Now Slate or some other throw away I can see her letting him rot. Plus she ALWAYS pays her debts.

Odin (Monoc) may not be what he once was, but that is not the same as powerless. He has clearly been preparing, and he has Foresight to make the right connections.

I could see Marcone helping Harry just to irritate him. It probably wouldn't cost him much, and the look on Harry's face would be priceless.

Murphy has clearly built up some power in Chicago. It may not be 'official,' but that does not mean it is insignificant. If nothing else Tilly trusts her, and will at least give weight to what she says.

Plus there are numerous others that have an interest in having Harry roam free. Even some of his enemies.

Now at the end of the BAT I could see him getting arrested just as he thinks everything is going to be alright. He beats the great cosmic evil, only to be finally arrested by Rudolph :)

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
01)  His office building was destroyed with military-grade explosives.  They may even be able to determine that they came from/around his office.

This really should cause them to want to question him.  Not necessarily arrest, but at least question; especially how high profile it was.  Unless, of course, in the last year they've already found a patsy and blamed it on him.

02)  His destroyed car was presumably found outside the broken-and-entered home of the local cop investigating him.

I think the nature of the two-cars merging and the destruction at Rudolph's place may be so odd that reasonable explanation will be futile.  Thus we can expect a "gas main explosion" from the house hurdling one car into the other type story rather than actual arrests.

03)  His house was burned down while he was there, and it started at the entrance to his sub-basement apartment.

Yes, but the heroic nature of his activities afterward, and witness testimony pretty much covers him there.  After all, a KotC can testify on his behalf, and even if people don't believe in them, they somehow always seem to be taken as honest.

04)  Witnesses will place him at, and fleeing from, the FBI building while it was under attack from 'South American Drug Cartel Assassins'.

Actually, no, he left through the NN.  No one ever saw him leave the building; and an FBI agent is probably prepared to vouch for him, so I suspect he is safe on this one.

05)  He was known to be at a houseboat not registered to him, where enough blood was found to indicate a murder took place.  But not his, seeing as he's alive.

I think they have enough eyewitness (or close enough)accounts to stand up to his argument that he was just injured and survived.  After all, Murph was ready to believe that.  And the boat owner isn't pressing charges or making waves...

09)  He may be tied to any investigation involving Molly, if she has been seen and recognized while masquerading as the Rag Lady.

Not more than her parent's say, as a known associate, not as someone accused of anything.  Plus, with Molly and Lea's illusion ability, it would be easy to have the rag lady appear dramatically different at different times, thus easily making identification impossible.

12)  Further investigation may reveal that his destroyed home has been bought and rebuilt into a small fortress by a known gangster.

Ya, but that's just weird; not a crime.

13)  Further investigation may also place the former cop at the building, and associating with criminals and mercenaries at that location.

But not at all related to him.

14)  Most importantly, he has civil charges still levied against him on behalf of Larry Fowler.

True, but he's had those for years, and the rest are all old news.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »
I think a lot of Chicago politians etc who were going after Harry and Murphy and not going to be going after Harry so much. I think the RC and it's lackys suggested to certain people to go after Harry. I think Rudolph was mind wammied. I am sure Marcone would prefer Harry to be more free to destroy his enemies so Marcone won't use his influence vs Harry. Perhaps the Fomor will soon use their influence vs Harry as Harry lays waste to them. Perhaps Harry should pay a visit to some of these important people making his life difficult and put some fear in them. Sort of like when he visited the female lawyer when she gave him attitude when he was questioning her, he did the floating bottle of booze thing.

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »
Yes, the place was on fire BUT it wasn't his fault.
As Krusty once said "Don't blame ME, I didn't do it"
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.