Author Topic: Response time?  (Read 7428 times)

Offline NeuroHeart

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Response time?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:40 AM »
I've been having the same trouble recently, no matter which browser I use (I have Firefox and Safari for my desktop, Chrome and IE for my laptop) and at really odd times of day. Sometimes it takes two seconds, sometimes my monitor is ready to go to sleep before it loads.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's had trouble.  :-\
This message brought to you by a cloud of neurotransmitters.

Offline Piotr1600

• Posty McPostington
  • Not *quite* the Eye of Providence...
    • View Profile
    • Go For Throttle Up - Music you haven't heard
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »
Still having really slow response.

Some  things are a bit different - Usually the first 3-4 pages or so load OK, and then after that it just slows waaaaaay down - like between 30 sec and 1 minute to load a page. Does this consistently with both home and work accounts, and on different browsers...

Soooo frustrating!   >:(
My band: http://www.soundclick.com/goforthrottleup -

The real problem with the shallow end of the gene pool is that it isn’t deep enough to allow the depth charges to arm. - By "Hardware" on Larry Correia's website.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
I've been experiencing the same thing.  It's really maddening at times (30 seconds for a post to clear).

I'd like to offer my help in trying to get to the bottom of this.  While I am not an expert on servers and net traffic, I do program for a living and have a bit of experience in these areas. 

I don't know if I can actually help, but I do have the time and I'm willing to give it a shot.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html