Author Topic: New Power: Evocation Powers  (Read 943 times)

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
New Power: Evocation Powers
« on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »
So here's my idea for a power I came up with that lets you emulate Listens to Wind, Corpstaker, among other practitioners who do Evocation effects that look more like other powers.  Let me know what you think, and especially if you have any suggestions for a better name.

Evocation Powers [-0]
Description: This allows you to channel a power through your own magical techniques.
Musts: You must have Channelling or Evocation of an appropriate element or theme for the power in question.
Skills Affected: Discipline, Conviction.
Effects:
With Evocations Power: You have one or more supernatural abilities which can be cast as Evocation or Channelling effects.  You must choose which power(s) are affected by this at time of purchase, each power is a separate spell.  The power can make use of the power of the evocation and the control of the evocation.  You may use evocation bonuses and foci bonuses available for the element for this.  Which applies to which aspect of the power (if any) should be decided with the GM Evocation Powers is taken.  This also allows you take powers that are not normally available for your High Concept.
With Evocations Limitations: Activating the power must be done with a normal Evocation, meaning it takes one exchange, costs at least one point of stress, and only lasts for one exchange unless shifts of power are devoted to duration, at one shift per exchange.  The power may be used on the same exchange that the spell is cast.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Power: Evocation Powers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:10:41 AM »
Let me know what you think...
As is, I'd change the cost to +1. 

That said, I allow simple trappings changes without requiring another power. 
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New Power: Evocation Powers
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:27:45 AM »
Have you seen the power I posted to the "how would you model" thread?

If so, what did you dislike about it?

Also, what benefits does this power provide? It looks like pure downside to me.