Author Topic: Thanks to all our great fans!  (Read 51522 times)

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
Thanks to all our great fans!
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »
Hi all,

Well that was fun!  I just wanted to post a brief note thanking all THE DRESDEN FILES fans, new and old, for being so supportive of the show.  I know I speak for David, Hans and all the other writers, Paul, Val, Terry and the rest of our amazing cast, plus all the directors, producers and crew who worked so hard bringing THE DRESDEN FILES to life when I say that you guys have made all the long days and longer nights worth it.  We're very happy with the ratings we got in a brutally competative timeslot and we've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments here and on other websites.  Thanks for watching, thanks for buying at iTunes, thanks for listening to our tree thud to earth in the forest.

I also want to salute all the hard-working folks mentioned above.  To Jonathan and Stef up in Toronto for putting together and managing our amazing crew, two more talented producers a guy could not wish for.  To David and all the writers in L.A. for sending one wonderful script after another up north.  To Alwyn, Franco, Joanne and their amazing teams for making us all look good week after week after week.  To Orst and his great drivers, especially Jeff, for driving my sorry ass around for four months.  To Clint and Darren and everyone at Keyframe for deliving terrific FX under a considerable time and budget crunch.  To Steve and everyone in post for putting all the pieces together at the end.  To our sensational cast and many talented guest stars.  And to everyone else who contributed to making THE DRESDEN FILES' first season so great.

And of course, thanks to Mark and Erik and everyone at SciFi for putting us on the air and to Kevin and Barbara and Sandra and everyone at Lionsgate for trusting us with making it for them.

And finally... last but not least... thanks to Jim for writing such great books and trusting them to Hans and me to bring to life.  And of course, muchas gracias to Hans.  ¡Lo hicimos, mi amigo!

Hopefully we can all do it again next year.  As they say in the language of my people:  God willin' an the crick don't rise.

Offline TheBinarySurfer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to all our great fans!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »
Robert, did you get my private message?

And good work on the series ;)

Offline whoknowswhy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
NO, really, *insert blushing smilie that we really ought to have here*  Thank YOU!
Forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission.

mezzosoprano

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:20:19 PM »

Hopefully we can all do it again next year.  As they say in the language of my people:  God willin' an the crick don't rise.

[/quote]

Praise God, for a minute there I thought you were saying good bye, but there is still hope! :)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »
Thank you, Robert!   You and your team put together a fantastic series that kept getting better with every episode, and the episodes you penned were among my favourites.  I wait with bated breath for news on a second season!

Offline King of De Nile

• Conversationalist
  • Are your feet wet? And can you see the pyramids?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:12:18 PM »
Excellent work on the series, Robert, from you and from everyone else. It was a little sad watching Paul close the office door at the end of the season; here's hoping we hear soon when he'll be able to open it back up again! In the meantime, good luck with your work on the 4400 (that's what you said was next on your plate, right?) and thanks for keeping such a good rapport with us going on the board!
Our garden was debated territory between five local cats, and we'd heard that the best way to keep other cats out of the garden was to have one yourself. A moment's rational thought here will spot the slight flaw in this reasoning.      --Terry Pratchett

Offline Zenkitty_714

• Conversationalist
  • Where's the swag? I want to spend some money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »

Thank YOU! All of you! Fantastic job, and here's to a second season! Salud!
Love is the only good reason for anything at all.

PaganInDisguise

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 09:42:21 PM »
I echo the "thank you back at ya" of the other fans here.  It's been a long while since I've had a TV show that I simply had to watch.  As a fan, it was a wicked fun season.  Looking forward to Season 2. 

:)

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »
Hee, great work with this show in it's first season, and I hope you can continue the same great work next season.

Offline Sway

• Conversationalist
  • attitude is everything
    • View Profile
    • Paranoid? Probably!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 09:49:24 PM »
Yeah well.. I'm a sheep so I'll chip in as well.

Thanks for entertaining us every week, giving us laughs, maybe some tears and overall just three great months with a great new series. I can't express how much I wish for a second season.

Give our (as if I can speak for the rest of you guys, sorry) best wishes to the rest of the crew if you get a chance to see them. Hope to see you guys again maybe this fall :D

Offline Watcher19

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 11:02:16 PM »

Thank you for a wonderful show.  We'll be waiting here for your return.  And my people must have known your people because my grandmother used to say that last one.  :)

Offline Jan1228

• Participant
  • Human by birth, Wizard by Choice!
    • View Profile
    • A Stitch In Thyme
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 02:55:52 AM »
Robert Thank You for giving me four terrific months of TV viewing in The Dresden Files.  Here's hoping that you stick around and keep us company here on the boards while we wait for season two to be produced.  :D
“I should warn you, I’m an expert on vampires.  I’ve seen every episode made of Buffy, Angel, and Forever Knight, so don’t think a little fang-flashing is going to scare me.”  – Nell Harris (Sex, Lies, and Vampires by Katie MacAlister)

Offline chupie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 03:25:06 AM »
Well, I think you can tell by the posts how much we loved everyone's work. I choose to believe that they will do the right thing and renew it. It's going to be a killer waiting! I'll be sending out good thoughts that everyone stays healthy and excited for a new season.

val

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 04:19:31 AM »
My sincere thanks to all concerned for their hard work in producing one of the best shows I've seen in a long, long time.  My hat is off to all of you.

And, Robert, thank you so much for coming on here and answering so many questions.  You've given us all a glimpse into the making of a series that we would never have gotten anywhere else.  In particular, you made me feel as if I was a part of it all, and that made watching the end result even more satisfying.

Offline leek53

• Lurker
  • thanks for the quote, priscellie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 06:16:31 AM »
Thank you Robert, et al for a great well written show! TDF got me to tune into a cable channel I never really  watched much  before.

Got my fingers, toes and everything  else crossed for season 2!
"Is he a present!?"

"...age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good"