Author Topic: Thanks to all our great fans!  (Read 52875 times)

Offline Sûlien

• Conversationalist
  • Wounded, old and treacherous.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to all our great fans!
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 02:56:11 AM »
*grins*  My thanks to all of you who made this wonderful series!  As a huge fan of the books, I approached watching this series with much trepidation, but you guys pulled it off brilliantly and I am now utterly hooked on it.  I really do hope that Sci-Fi renews "The Dresden Files" for a full 5 year run (to start with, at least).  *crosses everything that will cross*
Be the kind of woman who, when her feet hit the ground in the morning, the Devil says, "Oh crap, she's awake!"

"A government is a group of people usually notably ungoverned."
Captain Mal Reynolds, "Firefly"

Offline If I was Bob...

• Participant
  • I will be back in my skull if you need me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »
Thanks for a great show!!!
If I was Bob I would say: "How about we do a positive-side spin, then? Something like, 'Maidens rescued, enchantments broken, villains unmasked, unicorns protected.'"

Offline Lady Geektastic

• Conversationalist
  • Me. In make-up and sepia.
    • View Profile
    • Random Acts of Cod
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
Arrigatou Robert!

Thanks for putting up with us, giving us all that yummy insider info and joining in in our rabid fan-ness! Thanks for staying so true to the spirit of The Dresden Files that we love so much! Thanks to everyone you mentioned, thanks especially to the actors who brought our characters to life and the writers who made a world for them to live in!

Thanks for being so kind and patient with us as we griped, moaned and asked way more questions than any sane person should.

Thanks for clogging up the forums so badly on the premier night that I couldn't log on to save my life!  ;)

Thanks for being a regular face in this little pocket of cyberspace despite what I'm sure was a rediculously hectic schedule.

And thanks for being a really cool guy! ^.^

-D.
Some people are like slinkies. They're basically useless, yet you still can't help but smile as you shove them down the stairs.

Offline BigMama

• Posty McPostington
  • Bemused and Beguiled
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
Well done, Robert. Truly awesome.  :-*
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »
I could just say thank you like everyone else here, but let me invite Styx to do so instead... :)

Domo arigato, Mr. Robert-o, domo...domo
Thank you very much, Mr. Robert-o
For bringing the show and putting up with fangirls
And thank you very much, Mr. Robert-o
For giving us season one and hopefully season two
Thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline pathele

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
I could just say thank you like everyone else here, but let me invite Styx to do so instead... :)

I should learn not to drink anything while reading this board. I shot coke out my nose. 

Thanks jtaylor  ;D

I also agree with everything that has been said, Robert, but especially thanks for coming here and listening to us.

-paul

Offline knightuk

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 08:27:10 PM »
Just add my thanks for a great show.

cheers
Knightuk

Offline stpaulbrowncoat

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 01:40:13 AM »
Um, what everyone else said, only turned up to 11. :)
I got into the books from the TV series and I've not only discovered a great series (both television and books), but have met lots of cool folks.
Xie-xie, everyone!
Something I learned from Jayne:
Things look bigger when you can't see 'em.
www.mnfirefly.com

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 05:33:43 AM »
Thank you, Robert, for staying in touch with us. I hope you found the feedback and questions worth the time and effort. I did enjoy the show and I hope to see more of them soom.

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 11:05:54 PM »

:: Falls off chair, giggling::

Offline dawnsister

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
Hi all,

Well that was fun!  I just wanted to post a brief note thanking all THE DRESDEN FILES fans, new and old, for being so supportive of the show.  I know I speak for David, Hans and all the other writers, Paul, Val, Terry and the rest of our amazing cast, plus all the directors, producers and crew who worked so hard bringing THE DRESDEN FILES to life when I say that you guys have made all the long days and longer nights worth it.  We're very happy with the ratings we got in a brutally competative timeslot and we've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments here and on other websites.  Thanks for watching, thanks for buying at iTunes, thanks for listening to our tree thud to earth in the forest.

Geez Robert!  You scared the bejeezbus out of me.  I thought you had word there was no season 2!  We owe you a huge thank you and to the cast and crew for bringing Jim's vision to the small screen!  It's been a thrill to see Harry and his world come to life.   Sundays are not the same now that the season is over.  We're just waiting, hoping and praying for a second season..we'll keep the faith and the light on for you.   

Oh yeah, and if you see that Mr. Cage guy, tell him thanks for me - OK.  ;0)

Offline ski740

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »
Hi Robert! I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed watching The Dresden Files on the Sci Fi Channel. I'm still hoping the network will get enough support from loyal fans like myself to request for a second season. Well, your show was so cool and I would rather watch it than any day time soap opera any day! I've already signed an on-line petition for season two and I hope the letters I will sent will make a huge difference. The show deserves another season because I'm into the whole science fiction/fantasy genre & it's a great escape from harsh realities of daily lives. Any way, I'm really rooting for The Dresden Files to return!!! Great job putting together a talented cast & crew!!!! :)

Offline Norzemen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »
Robert, I haven’t watched TV like this in years. The Dresden files rocked.

Thanks Robert for helping to produce such and awesome show. And who is the Jim Butcher fella? He wrote this stuff? Awesome...I’m going to check into his books. (I usually listen to books during my commute, but I notice they have them in audio)

I came here trying to find out when the Dresden Files would be coming back. I learned that there will be some info soon (may/June) and I expect it will be back for a second season. Why wouldn’t it. It was the best series on.

Initially I was interested in Battlestar Galactica but for what ever reason I could not get into that show. I watched the first 8 hours of 24, but ultimately I was thinking, so he get tortured, escapes, blown up, tortures someone else, a nuclear bomb goes off in LA, calls his mom....and its not even noon. Um....ok!@

The Dresden files were very cool. I had a standing date on Sunday eve to check out the new episodes. The only other show I was interested in was Deadwood. I hope you don’t get pummeled like they did.  Now I’m back to taking care of the family, gaming and playing my French horn, but Ill be keeping an eye out for seasons two.

Keep up the good work, Eric

Offline dawnsister

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Robert, I haven’t watched TV like this in years. The Dresden files rocked.

Thanks Robert for helping to produce such and awesome show. And who is the Jim Butcher fella? He wrote this stuff? Awesome...I’m going to check into his books. (I usually listen to books during my commute, but I notice they have them in audio)

I came here trying to find out when the Dresden Files would be coming back. I learned that there will be some info soon (may/June) and I expect it will be back for a second season. Why wouldn’t it. It was the best series on.

From your lips to God's ears!  Head on over to Buzzy Multimedia for the audio books.  Up to book four is out on audio!  I just finished up listening to book 4.  I'm almost done with Jim's latest book release and dying that I have to wait a year for the next one..

Offline Skelron

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2007, 01:53:06 AM »
And like others I have to say thank you too Robert, for giving us a show that I was glad to have advertised to my friends. That I was glad I'd said 'Watch this when it starts' even before I'd seen any of it. That could have back fired on me, but it didn't because you produced a quality show.

So thank you. ;D