Author Topic: Anything Goes  (Read 11489 times)

Offline Shandra

• Conversationalist
  • Dark Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Anything Goes
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »
You can always Private Message (PM), other friendly users like myself who can help you along if you need it. 

Shandra
9 year forum/message board veteran
Some people are brave; others just don't know any better.

Offline Hope

• Conversationalist
  • Immaculate Dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »
You can always Private Message (PM), other friendly users like myself who can help you along if you need it. 

Shandra
9 year forum/message board veteran

One way of finding out how things work Hope, is to play with them. I found out how to quote by pressing quote and seeing what happens (the whole post is quoted) and I have now worked out how to quote two people in the same post (another window and then cut & paste). If my memory serves me well (and it often doesn't) you become a Wizard after 100 posts. I think there may be other extras too, but I don't know what they are.

I think you guys are so nice to help out.  Now all I have to do is remember all this!  Thanks you!
Don't look back.  Something might be gaining on you. Satchel Paige

Why do people have to die? So we will appreciate life. Nate Fisher

Offline Shandra

• Conversationalist
  • Dark Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
You're very welcome!  We were all newbies once. ;)
Some people are brave; others just don't know any better.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 02:23:52 PM »
Prescellie--I know everyone is busy, I am brand-new--not so much now--and did not know where to start.  By brand-new I mean I had never been in any talk forum.  Made one (that I know of) error and someone was kind enough to wise me up.  Ahhhhhhh.  Anyway I wish there was an easy to find set of instructions.  Like spoilers how you end up a wizard.  By now I have figured out most of it.  Anyway, thank you.  Oh, and stupid me, I don't know how to include your last or any other post.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!  I'll have to assemble a Newbie FAQ that brings together all the policy posts in a convenient location.  Please, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message!  Due to my new job and the lack of internet at my apartment, I've had less time to moderate the boards themselves, but if you send me a private message or an email, I'll be sure to spot your question and be able to help.  Welcome to the boards!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 09:44:46 PM »
I'll echo Hope's concerns/suggestions.  I've been around awhile now, but still can't get the "Quote" to do it's thing.  It wants to capture the whole comments rather than the section I want.  I tried highlighting and then clicking quote.  That seemed the most logical, but it transferred all.  Maybe you transfer it all and THEN go back and delete the parts you don't want to quote? Yet, you guys are so slick, I suspect there is a completely simple way of doing it.

FYI, I didn't find the PM thing either until Blaze mentioned it to me.
SPOILER TAGS would be good to review.  Luckily I didn't frequent those areas until I had been keyed in by other's comments.
Have the craziest feeling that I would love the RPG thing....but that's so far over my head I may never get into it.  Think someone would "bus" us newbies in together for a tour or something?

Enjoy the board a great deal.  I initially checked it often o see if decision had been announced on the renewal, but am being drawn in by the great people who frequent it and their comments.  Now that's a conspiracy theory---holding off the announcement just to draw more people to jim-butcher.com??? :D I'm horribly hooked on the Corrupted Wish Thread.  It would be like missing my Doonesbury Comic on Yahoo when I log in should I not check it frequently!

Have enjoyed your literary angle on the podcasts.  (These took sometime to get used to also.  I received notices in e-mails but never got to the right place to somehow play the pod.  Now that I'm on board it popped right up, ready to play for me.  I also was hopeless on finding my way around the internet options to view the show from Sci Fi page.)

Keep up the good work.  Your time, work and your comments on Podcast are greatly appreciated.  You have a nice pleasant style!  Meg
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline CarolM

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob, Forever with us
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »
I'll echo Hope's concerns/suggestions.  I've been around awhile now, but still can't get the "Quote" to do it's thing.  It wants to capture the whole comments rather than the section I want.  I tried highlighting and then clicking quote.  That seemed the most logical, but it transferred all.  Maybe you transfer it all and THEN go back and delete the parts you don't want to quote? Yet, you guys are so slick, I suspect there is a completely simple way of doing it.

Have the craziest feeling that I would love the RPG thing....but that's so far over my head I may never get into it.  Think someone would "bus" us newbies in together for a tour or something?
Firstly that's exactly how I do the quote thing, quoting twice is the problem, but I just open another window and cut and paste.
Re the RPG thing, I'm interested but I fear it's addictive and I can do Role Playing in my imagination anyway. Though I suspect my RP is more character driven than any game.
Carol

Bob: in our hearts forever.