Author Topic: "Show unread posts since last visit" problem  (Read 2345 times)

Offline TheWinterEmissary

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
"Show unread posts since last visit" problem
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:47:55 AM »
Since I joined, the "Show unread posts since last visit" feature has been working fine, and I've found it very useful.  But today when I came onto the site (for the first time in more than a day) it initially seemed to work normally and it showed 4 pages of unread topics.  But when I clicked on pages 2, 3 and 4 it refreshed the first page and eliminated all that had been there before.  Using the "Show previous page" feature I was able to return to the previous list, but at no point was I able to access pages 2-4. 

I can look up the posts from the last day or so the long way, but I did want to bring this up in case it was happening to others or became a recurring problem. 

Thanks for reading.   

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: "Show unread posts since last visit" problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:34:23 AM »
I'm not sure what would cause this, nor how to address it. Anyone else seeing this?
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:37:27 AM »
Nope, not seeing anything wrong at all.
//Sings
"If you've been messaged to ignore me clap your hands!"
:)

knnn said "All must now bow in presence of your Dresden-Fu."

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:39:06 AM »
Random glitch?
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »
It's working fine for me. *Shrug*

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »
Since I joined, the "Show unread posts since last visit" feature has been working fine, and I've found it very useful.  But today when I came onto the site (for the first time in more than a day) it initially seemed to work normally and it showed 4 pages of unread topics.  But when I clicked on pages 2, 3 and 4 it refreshed the first page and eliminated all that had been there before.  Using the "Show previous page" feature I was able to return to the previous list, but at no point was I able to access pages 2-4. 

I can look up the posts from the last day or so the long way, but I did want to bring this up in case it was happening to others or became a recurring problem. 

Thanks for reading.

I had that.  It would tell me that there were 4 pages but then only two would load up.  It resolved itself when I went to chrome.