Author Topic: Folding charsheet?  (Read 2369 times)

Offline aardvark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Folding charsheet?
« on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »

Offline Lanir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Folding charsheet?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »
I'm not certain what role that's supposed to play without some context. Looks like it's designed so some info is easily visible to the rest of the table while other parts are less so? Wouldn't say it's exactly hidden as anyone sitting right next to you could still easily glance over.

I don't think you'd need to change much. Just remove the homeworld part and put in a spot for powers. Probably easiest to do by hand and then photocopy it.

Offline Rubycon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
I would opt  for a "conventional" character sheet. As Lanir wrote, the Diaspora-sheet is designed for giving the other players easy access to your basic information like name and aspects. But why? Or: Why should tahta make anything easier?

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »
I'm not certain what role that's supposed to play without some context.
It's designed to make the parts of your character that people should know easy to see. So no one who has issues remembering names needs to write down the character's name, because it faces outward. The GM doesn't need to write down everyone's Aspects, because they're printed right there.

That it might make other parts of your character sheet harder to see for some people is not related to its intended purpose.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
it would be good for the GM to be able to glance at your sheet for your aspects to compel you on the spot or to have you do a skill check without asking "who has this" or have you roll something you may not have at all
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Rubycon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
The downside ist that the player himself can't take a look at this part of his character sheet easily. Maybe it's just me, but I don't have everything of my character ready without referring to my notes. So I would prefer that I have my sheet and the GM does his job (taking notes for himself or ask for a copy of my character) ;)

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
The downside ist that the player himself can't take a look at this part of his character sheet easily. Maybe it's just me, but I don't have everything of my character ready without referring to my notes. So I would prefer that I have my sheet and the GM does his job (taking notes for himself or ask for a copy of my character) ;)
You realize that the only parts of the out-facing character sheet that aren't duplicated on the bit that face toward the player are the player's name, the character's name, and the character's home world, right? Since you can hopefully remember your own name without effort, the only thing you need to memorize is something like, "Rick Smith from Albion."

Offline Rubycon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:13:04 AM »
You're right. I didn't see the aspects at the bottom of the sheet... ::)

Offline wraith808

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 03:51:19 PM »
I'm not certain what role that's supposed to play without some context.

I'm looking for something similar because it would help my players get into the mode of compelling other players, also.

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
I just pdf'd everyone's aspects on a single 8x11 for all the players; those who had iPads keep them handy, those who don't print it out and it goes into their pile for the game.