Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Dresdenite group meeting in the DC/VA/MD area?  (Read 30614 times)

Offline Coffeeworm

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a Dresdenite group meeting in the DC/VA/MD area?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
I just registered here after lurking for a while.
My daughter and I enjoyed meeting many of you at the Tyson Corners signing.
I'm sure if you have a "meeting of the minds" in Baltimore we would love to join you.

Figging Mint

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »
  But who says we can't use that as an anchor to get people together.  Kind of like Tailgating without going to the game.  (See, I can throw a sports reference in there...)

Yep.

Offline Revan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »
Meeting up around Baltimore Comicon would be great. Saturday or Sunday?

Figging Mint

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
*one vote for Saturday, so we can sleep off the memories*

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
*one vote for Saturday, so we can sleep off the memories*
* two votes for Saturday, its the costume contest at CON...  ::)

Offline The Doctor

• Conversationalist
  • Back off, man. I'm a system administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Antarctica Starts Here
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
So, anyone else interested in meeting together every now and then?  If there is enough interest, we could possibly meet somewhere where we could quaff beverages of an adult nature and chow down on dead meat (or dead plants, if that's your thing), and all have a good time convincing each other that our crazy Dresden Files conspiracy theories are the best ones.
Maybe.  Life will be hectic for me for the next month or two because I will be moving (still within the DC area, but a move is a move) but I would like to meet other users of the forums some time.
"Do not injustice to another / Defend the weak and innocent / Let truth and honor always guide you / Let courage find a life within."

--The Cruxshadows, _Sophia_

Offline The Doctor

• Conversationalist
  • Back off, man. I'm a system administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Antarctica Starts Here
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
Anyone but us have geek-crossover tendencies? We'll be at the Maryland Renaissance Festival the third week of September and the third weekend in October we'll be doing the Zombie Run in Baltimore...
One is rarely a geek of just one thing...

Chances are, I will not be attending the renfaire this year (October is shaping up to be a mad scramble), but... does anyone else here happen to hang out at HacDC?  After the book signing in NOVA last week, I feel like I may have run into some of you.
"Do not injustice to another / Defend the weak and innocent / Let truth and honor always guide you / Let courage find a life within."

--The Cruxshadows, _Sophia_

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
So, seems to be a general consensus for meeting after the Baltimore ComiCon on that Saturday?

Not sure if I can do the Con itself, but I can surely meet afterwards.  If there are no objections/suggestions to this date, chime in and I'll edit my post on the first page to include a list of folks who want to join in.
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
Definitely up for get together of Dresdenverse fans.  I run from PA line to Richmond no problem, Baltimore no problem for me, either.  DO the MD Ren Fest, not sure about Balto Comic Con (would LOVE to do it, but may have conflicts).  Also do Celtic Festivals/Highland Games and lots of stuff, so pick a date and I'll cross my dewclaws that I can make it. Count me IN!!  (I was such a nerd at the book signing I jumped in line and didn't get to hang with a lot of new local folks--Serak, Myyrdn & Electric Butters, buddies from Mars Con mostly--but would love to meet more Dresden geeks since I work/live in the greater DC Metro area.
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »
So, seems to be a general consensus for meeting after the Baltimore ComiCon on that Saturday?

Checked the old Blackberry (geek here!) and can do Sat after Comic Con in Baltimore..count me IN!!  :o

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
I won't be there.  :(  I have another year of college to prep for, and I'm saving my money up for NYCC.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:22 AM »
Have one in WI and I'd come!
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 01:40:11 AM »
For those such as Myyrdn (and myself, for that matter), who will not be attending the Comic Con, is there interest in meeting in that general area?

I figure it's not all THAT long of a drive from the DC area to Baltimore, so, as I'm not going to the Comic Con, it should be a relatively short and inexpensive trip to meet up with the folks who ARE going to the Con, and anyone else who wants to meet up there, as well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:59:03 AM by habu987 »
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:22 AM »
Am likely not going to BCC but it's only a one hour drive from my house, so happy to meet up for dinner in Baltimore or the surrounds...or even in VA if that will enable some like Myyrdn to attend!

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »
All right, I'm going to start a list in my first post on this thread of people who are interested, or who could conceivably be guilt tripped (*cough, cough, Myrrdn, cough, cough*) into meeting up in the general NOVA/DC/Maryland area on the weekend of the Baltimore Con.