Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Dresdenite group meeting in the DC/VA/MD area?  (Read 30621 times)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
There was a pretty good turnout of forumites at the signing in the DC area last night, but many of us didn't get to socialize too much beforehand or afterwards (due to driving home, work, what have you).  I've seen a few folks mention that they'd be interested in meeting with other Dresdenites in the DC/VA/MD area (Sihnon and SkinsFanVJ, and a couple others, I think).

So, anyone else interested in meeting together every now and then?  If there is enough interest, we could possibly meet somewhere where we could quaff beverages of an adult nature and chow down on dead meat (or dead plants, if that's your thing), and all have a good time convincing each other that our crazy Dresden Files conspiracy theories are the best ones.

EDIT:  List of folks interested in meeting up over the weekend of the Baltimore Comic Con (August 20-21)

-Habu (myself)
-Tiracakes?
-doink67
-Toe-mass
-(FM)
-Myyrdn (if we can guilt trip him  ;D)
-Coffeeworm +1
-Revan
-The Doctor (possibly) (By the way, just so we're clear, I'm the real Doctor, as evidenced by my avatar self photo.  This guy is just someone who has my name...  ;D)
-Heartsonycgr and +1 (Bob the Blackberry)
-Sihnon (+1)
-Cheesepusher (possibly)
-cyanosaurus
-Axis37
-DrkChapel

Let me know if I missed anyone, or if you'd like to be added/removed.

EDIT - MEETING DETAILS:

-We've got a reservation under the name of Harry Dresden at 5:00 on Saturday (8/20) at Tir na Nog for 15 people.  Here's the website, with directions, parking, etc. http://www.tirnanogbaltimore.com/homepage.php

I'll be there at 5:00 (unless I get lost, or the TARDIS breaks down, or I get sucked into a quantum singularity and get transported to an alternate universe...  :D), so I look forward to meeting y'all!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:48:16 PM by habu987 »
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a Dresdenite group meeting in the DC/VA/MD area?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
I'm totally down!  8)
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
All depends on the when and where, for me.  But I'll definitely do my best to show up!

Offline Tiracakes

• Conversationalist
  • "BRING IT ON DARTH BATHROBE!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:03:47 AM »
HELL YES:)
I LOVED MEETING YOU ALL @ THE SIGNING!

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:15 AM »
Well, I know my driving radius for a day trip goes most of the way down to Richmond (I'm in Alexandria, VA) and up to the Baltimore area.  I'm totally A-OK to meet with fellow Dresden tin-foil-hat-wearers anywhere within that swathe of land!
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:39:00 AM »
For the record, I'm in Winchester, VA.

Offline doink67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
I'd do it, but my range stops somewhere above Richmond. Baltimore is fine for me, though. I too, am in Alexandria.
DV doink67 v1.2 YR4 FR2 BK++ RP JB TH++ WG+ CL-- SW BC MC++++
"What would you like your name to be, Cross Wishbone Wishbone Cup of Tea Snake Sigma Snake Cross?"-Priscellie
"Do you know who keeps the gate?""Keeps the gate?""Keeps the gate.""Yes, I know who keeps the gate, he lives near the Outside."

Offline Tiracakes

• Conversationalist
  • "BRING IT ON DARTH BATHROBE!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »
FYI. I'm in Yorktown, Virginia. Looks like Alexandria would be the best place.

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »
So, how about a get together in the NOVA area in late August or sometime in September?  Just throwing out arbitrary dates, but I'd be happy to make a reservation somewhere...  :)

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »
Anyone but us have geek-crossover tendencies? We'll be at the Maryland Renaissance Festival the third week of September and the third weekend in October we'll be doing the Zombie Run in Baltimore...

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36:41 AM »
So, how about a get together in the NOVA area in late August or sometime in September?  Just throwing out arbitrary dates, but I'd be happy to make a reservation somewhere...  :)

Can I make a nomination for the first one?

How about AFTER Baltimore ComicCon?  If you can go to BCC, Great!  If not, who says we can't meet up at, say, PFChang's at 6pm?

Just throwing it out there...

Figging Mint

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 02:06:29 AM »
Can I make a nomination for the first one?

How about AFTER Baltimore ComicCon?  If you can go to BCC, Great!  If not, who says we can't meet up at, say, PFChang's at 6pm?

Interesting

I was going to be in Ashland that weekend but I can totally drive up for a post-con partay.   
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:10:59 AM by (FM) »

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »

Interesting

I was going to be in Ashland that weekend but I can totally drive up for a post-con partay.   

I know a lot of people can't do the Cons but BCC is one of the cheaper ones, its $30 for a 2 day ticket or just $20 for Saturday.  But who says we can't use that as an anchor to get people together.  Kind of like Tailgating without going to the game.  (See, I can throw a sports reference in there...)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »
It's not so much the price of the con ticket for me as it is transportation and lodging.

Offline Cheesepusher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
Anyone but us have geek-crossover tendencies? We'll be at the Maryland Renaissance Festival the third week of September and the third weekend in October we'll be doing the Zombie Run in Baltimore...

My wife is planning a trip or three to the Ren Fair this year. Possibly in the 3rd week of sept as well but it all really depends on work.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt