Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 57438 times)

Offline ave744

• Participant
    • View Profile
irish descent mom= murphy, specially since she hates him for killing her neighbor

father who gives him the magic gene= that policeman with some magic?

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

The hint:  He's cursed.

P.S. Toe-mas took a flip video, and will be posting the entire signing on youtube asap.

Loup garou??

Well, that fact the Macfin died was something that was bothering me a lot, since it never said he had offspring.

"Chauncy smiled, a rather intimidating expression. "MacFinn is a member of an ancient family line from an island known as Ireland. His family has a notable history. Sometime in the murky past, legend would have it, the man known as Saint Patrick cursed his ancestor to become a ravening beast at every full moon. The curse came with two addenda. First, that it would be hereditary, passing down to someone new each and every generation. And second, that the cursed line of the family would never, ever die out, lasting until the end of days."

So it fits very well... Althougth Ill agree with who wasked why can he hear dead people??
And by the story on GS it seens he has been on Chicago for a while, where are the murders at full moon? Does he have a circle too?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:18:03 AM by Paladino »

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I think Harry or Murphy would have noticed if a new loup-garou was running around Chicago. And I'm pretty sure Baldy would be in a bunch of little pieces by now, too. Unless the curse went to someone else, but he's still in the lineage?

Though I wonder, would a kid know if they were a changeling? All the changelings in Summer Knight knew what they were, but we don't know how they initially came about that knowledge.
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Some things that we know happened vaguely around the time of Fitz's birth, at least according to the timeline:

-Harry first comes to Chicago
-The Unseelie Incursion
-The Unseelie Accords
-Alicia Carpenter is born
-Ivy is born
-Susan joins the Arcane
-The last trial for a Law violator until Molly
-The last time Charity sees Harry before the events of "Grave Peril."  Michael is injured, and Charity thoroughly chews Harry out.

You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Oooh, first thought on hearing Fitz's name was that means bastard (I only know from a different series FitzChivalry as a name) but didn't give any thought to it. Ooooh new SotC theory, good one guys. Or Hendrick's bastard child  :D

Yes, fitz does mean bastard, my husband's aunts were big into genealogy, and my husband was waving a coat of arms around smugly but then I pointed out the "fitz" part of the name on it and what it meant. 
To me that is telling me that she agreed to what he was doing, earlier she'd said she didn't think she could do it, she couldn't feel her hands, she needed his help.  Though he'd given her the "ammo" to change, she still, in the little bit of sanity she had left, was giving her consent right there, telling him it was ok (at least to this reader).  Maybe she knew what he had done and just wanted to help him finish it, knowing how hard it would be for him, because she knew him so well.  She wanted him to save their daughter, and to her, at least in that point of time, it didn't matter how.

In the Dresdenworld, oh yeah anything is possible.. Or it could simply be a shortened version of Fitzgerald given as a nick name.  I saw a movie once called "The Luck of the Irish,"  the hero's last name was Fitzgerald, everyone called him "Fitz."

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Yeah, about the MacFinn angle, I was mostly going off the "He is cursed" hint.  Other than that and what others have said above, I really cant connect the two definitively.  How do you Serack arrive at him being cursed?  That said, Tera is referred to as a "dark-complected woman", Fitz as dark as Native American.  Tera's eyes are described as "eerie shade of amber that could barely be construed as brown", Fitz's as odd shade of brown, almost golden. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:14:03 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So from what I can gather here, we're looking at MacFinn's bastard son that he had with Tera West (from the "cursed" emphasis-MacFinn, and the eyes-Tera). Tera knew how to keep MacFinn away from people when he went all Loupy, so that would explain why there have been no Loup Garou sightings since MacFinn died. I don't think we know enough about how the family curse works to determine if Fitz starting getting all Loup at the next full moon after MacFinn died, or if its age-related, or if there's some sort of time break before the curse kicks back in again. Its possible that Fitz hasn't started changing, but will at any time now. Its also possible that he has been changing for a while now, but wasn't with Baldy long enough to have gone through a full moon cycle.

Some other conjections: If my guess that Tera was his mother is correct, it could be that her wolf nature ameliorates the Loup Garou change somewhat. If the curse was to become what a human would term "a ravening beast", the Loup Garou would result from a human transforming. To a wolf, which Tera was - even though she could shape change to a human, "a ravening beast" might mean something completely different. Heck, to a wolf, it might mean a human hunter, so the Loup Garou transformation may not result in a full-on "American Werewolf in London" thing, but rather something that looks more like Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine role, which would make him easier to pass as human and not quite so bloodthirsty.

The royal bastard link would make him a prime candidate for Michael's sword, eventually - possibly even setting up a big showdown of Fitz vs Daniel as Daniel strikes me as the type to feel that his father's sword is somehow his birthright.
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Where do we get that he's cursed from?  I want that evidence before I can buy into the idea you know what's going on.

Offline Thork

• Conversationalist
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat."
    • View Profile
Yeah, golden eyes + red hair seems a decent pointer to MacFinn / Tera West parentage, though not conclusive. And Fitz certainly is following a potential "knight of the cross" path, in that he's a horrible sinner and murderer who's found redemption. And the "line not dying out" bit has been bugging me for a long time  (though it *could* mean we're already at the End of Days).

A few things this theory needs:

1) What's source for Fitz being cursed? Is there WoJ, or is it just suspicion?
2) When did Tera and MacFinn first get together?
3) When does the Loup-Garou curse first become active? Is he too old, or just old enough?
"Harry Dresden decides this is really all too much work, and wanders off to get himself something to drink. He gets beaten up seventeen times on his way, but saves two orphanages."
----------
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/884/Suvudu-Cage-Match-How-It-REALLY-Went-Down

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
"Chauncy smiled, a rather intimidating expression. "MacFinn is a member of an ancient family line from an island known as Ireland. His family has a notable history. Sometime in the murky past, legend would have it, the man known as Saint Patrick cursed his ancestor to become a ravening beast at every full moon. The curse came with two addenda. First, that it would be hereditary, passing down to someone new each and every generation. And second, that the cursed line of the family would never, ever die out, lasting until the end of days."

Emphasis added.

Those are weasel words.  Everything Chauncey says after them can totally legitimately be truthful reporting of legends Chauncey knows full well are a pack of lies.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Emphasis added.

Those are weasel words.  Everything Chauncey says after them can totally legitimately be truthful reporting of legends Chauncey knows full well are a pack of lies.

Really interesting point.

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Appearence:  a little under 6 feet.

He can communicate with spirits and has some weak(??) magic in him.

Apparently, he's also a bastard and is cursed........

Thats all the info i could synthesize from GS. Frankly, I am lost......I have spent over an hour breaking my head over this and have come up with squat.....

Tera and Macfinn or whatever his name was offspring... cursed with the Loup Garou but part wolf anyway. Tera looked NAtive American right?

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

Tera and Macfinn or whatever his name was offspring... cursed with the Loup Garou but part wolf anyway. Tera looked NAtive American right?

Tera is a wolf who learned to shapeshift in to human.

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Tera is a wolf who learned to shapeshift in to human.

And we know she is out there, since LtW said at one point that she sent her regards.  Now the question is, from what we know of wolves and of Tera from what we saw of her, would she allow her pup to run around being abused by humans?  Somehow I doubt that, so I am doubting that he is a child of Tera's.  That doesn't remove the idea of him being a MacFinn Fitz though, though it would seem odd that someone so serious about responsibility would take fathering a fitz so irresponsibly that he winds up running around in the streets due to neglect with a possible ancestral curse about to come down on him... or that a wolf would love a man that could be that irresponsible.  That then implies that if he is MacFinn's fitz that MacFinn probably didn't know about him, which is possible but seems odd for a normal human American woman impregnated by a rich man to just disappear and not ask for child support of any nature.  And obviously someone knew something about his parentage (if say his mother died in childbirth) since they knew enough to know that he was a fitz.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Lots of interesting guesses. Fitz is definitely interesting and may be a scion of a human and something else. For all I know Listen to Winds and Terra were the parents. From the eyes, the skin coloring, resistance to mind magic and seeing the dead he may have something non human in his ancestry or something cursed and changed.