Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 58897 times)

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
EMacB has a tiein theory that is pretty interesting.  Waiting impatiently for him to post it.

Do you mean my theory on Fitz's predetermined death?  I believe that Harry (or a suitable replacement) will be forced to either kill Fitz or lift his curse to kick off the BAT.  Apocalypse = End of Days.  Either Fitz's death with no heirs or the lifting of the curse would fulfill St. Patrick's stipulation that that the curse continue until the 'End of Days'.

...Or did you mean the other theory?
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
If he is the son of McFinn and Tera (which seems awfully probable), I don't think she would totally abandon him. So we could imagine she put him with other humans because she couldn't take care of him, but I think she visited him sometimes. Or else, how could Fitz know that Harry was a wizard who helped people? I don't think it is a common chat for orphan children, and I don't see Baldy speaking about him to the kids.

Another thing. If he is McFinn's child, shouldn't he be a millionaire heir?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
A dead millionares unknown illegitimate child?  I'm sure Bank of America was tripping over itself to return his money. ;)

Seriously though, Tera never cared about the money.  Why would she bother to tell her son that his father was rich?
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline Dina

• View Profile
I mean, that would be a motive. Perhaps somebody tried to kill the child because he was rich and he get lost or something.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
If he's related to MacFinn, I don't think he knows it. He was pretty freaked out when he heard Harry. "I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy." I don't he'd have had that much of a reaction if he knew he was part wolf.
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I could see Tera's pack not welcoming her son.  RL packs will drive out or make the lowest of the pack the odd wolf, even if it's just a different color than the rest of the pack.  Now picture a part human cub, I don't think it would go well.

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
raidem said:
Just another observation of someone with red curly hair and golden eyes..."a very tall, slender, inhumanly beautiful woman stepped out of the smoke.  Reddish hair curled down past her hips in a riotous cascade, complementing her flawless skin, high cheekbones, and lush full bloodred lips.  Her face was ageless, and her golden eyes had vertical slits instead of pupils, like a cat..."Hello, my son," Lea purred.  I stepped forward, between the faerie and Michael and said, in a rough voice, "Hello Godmother."

Red hair, check.  Golden eyes, check.  Fitz as Lea's son is an intriguing alternative to the MacFinn/Tera West theory.  Good catch on the visual!

I think the MacFinn/Tera West theory is better supported by Fitz' behavior patterns, though.  To my mind, Fitz doesn't feel like the Changeling scion of a Sidhe noble, and does feel like a half-human/half-wolfwere son of Tera West.  There was the possible alpha challenge to Baldy that Harry cut short and his "I'm the alpha of this smaller pack" attitude towards the younger kids ("you WILL chuck the guns" early on).

I can also see the possibility of the Loup-Garou curse not striking until after the unlucky bastard's 18th birthday.  Sadly, this leads to starting a pool on "who's gonna be Fitz' first meal?"  If this theory ends up panning out, Fitz may be a contender in the next "Which Character Has Jim Tormented The Most?" thread.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
If he is the son of McFinn and Tera (which seems awfully probable), I don't think she would totally abandon him

She could also not be with him because of being dead.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
I'm not 100% sure on Gard. (although it could fit) It could very well be, and some of those "side-by-side" moments could be less teamwork to protect the boss and more teamwork because they're in love. Because of her origins is she capable of having children? She's part of Odin's crew after all.

I don't buy this one; ever-virgin is a core attribute for Valkyries.

Incidentally, anyone got any notions why Childs was introduced ? I'm not seeing anything in GS to indicate his part could not have been played by Hendricks.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
Yes, I thought so too. It is possible, I have the idea that Fitz said something as if he has been alone for a very long time but we know nothing from Tera since many years ago.

About valkyries, remember that Gard laughed at the notion.

Childs and Felicia are going to have bigger parts in the future, I think. Also, for some reason I am imagining Harry and the Justice League saving Marcone from Childs in the future.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Jared

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
She could also not be with him because of being dead.

Dead? Pah! It's not like just because she met MacFinn and Will through the Northwest Passage Project that she lived in the Pacific Northwest. And even if she did, it's not like she may have been living in the mountains near Seattle or Tacoma where some group could invade and kill members of the magical community...oh.

Offline Piotr1600

• Posty McPostington
  • Not *quite* the Eye of Providence...
    • View Profile
    • Go For Throttle Up - Music you haven't heard
As described in the book, Childs struck me with an odd vibe.

But I haven't really completely parsed *why* just yet.
My band: http://www.soundclick.com/goforthrottleup -

The real problem with the shallow end of the gene pool is that it isn’t deep enough to allow the depth charges to arm. - By "Hardware" on Larry Correia's website.

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
  • Kittens taste great and stay crunchy in milk!
    • View Profile
Childs and Felicia are going to have bigger parts in the future, I think. Also, for some reason I am imagining Harry and the Justice League saving Marcone from Childs in the future.

I was just going to mention that. Childs seems potentially seedy and throwaway.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." - Niven
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore
"Sufficiently advanced technology my ass" - Dresden

Offline Dina

• View Profile
And GS is about proxies. He seems to be a proxy for Marcone in GS.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Jared

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
As described in the book, Childs struck me with an odd vibe.

But I haven't really completely parsed *why* just yet.

Dark complexion, Mediterranean more than African. Angular, bird-of-prey-like nose. Hair is peroxide blond. Arrives early. Eyes' color between dark honey and poison ivy. Strong but not bulky, Harry likens him to a cobra? Newly arrived into Marcone's employ, acting on his behalf while the latter is in Italy. Deadly fast and graceful.

Honestly, when I first read that, I wondered if Apollo had any minions that he might hire out like Odin does Sigrun. Maybe Ra if Marcone's in Italy for the WC?