Author Topic: Broken Avatar  (Read 5879 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Broken Avatar
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »
I was having trouble with my photobucket avatar too, even when it was set to public.  Before the site switch, I had it on private, but it still displayed fine.  A few days ago, though, the site seemed to reject the URL I gave it, even though it brought me to the image just fine when I copy-pasted it into the URL bar.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
oh my, SK! Your avatar has appeared and it is HUGE (and adorable  ;))
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SometimesKate

• Conversationalist
  • Character is what you are in the dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:36 PM »
I think I have it fixed.  Neither flickr nor facebook would work, so I uploaded it to photobucket, then realized I had to resize it.  I hope it's an acceptable size now.  It's from John Kovalic, the artist/cartoonist who does Dorktower, Apples to Apples, and the Munchkin card game.  I asked his permission to use it as an icon/avatar and he gave it to me, for which I will always be grateful, because it really is perfect for me.  The only way it could be more perfect would be if the spinster cat lady had red hair and a wall of bookcases behind her.
My colour is Blue

My Dresden Files purity rating is 57.7%  (just wait till I get my hands on the rpg books, and can remember a 10th Denarian)

DV SometimesKate v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK+++ RP JB- TH+ WG++ BC+ MC---- SH [Molly+, Lara+, Murphy++] FF----- MS+

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 08:08:22 PM »
Yes, it is wonderful and of a good size.  ;)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SometimesKate

• Conversationalist
  • Character is what you are in the dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »
Thank you very much for the compliment!   ;D
My colour is Blue

My Dresden Files purity rating is 57.7%  (just wait till I get my hands on the rpg books, and can remember a 10th Denarian)

DV SometimesKate v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK+++ RP JB- TH+ WG++ BC+ MC---- SH [Molly+, Lara+, Murphy++] FF----- MS+

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »
I just realized what your sig was and squeaked.

Most people got it, but since not everyone was, I updated it to make it a little easier.  Now the fun is in figuring out each one...  Not too hard...

Uuu, cool sig. I like the Thomas choice, Green Arrow from Smalville :)

Due to silent but deadly protest, I changed the Thomas in the new sig.  I always pictured Thomas as a blonde for some reason like Justin Hartley from Smallville, but people kept telling me I did it wrong.  So in the new sig, it's Matt Bomer from Chuck/White Collar, who the ladies have generally said is just as acceptable.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »
Bomer is the person I always imagined as Thomas but really Thomas has gray eyes, and is whiter and skinnier. He has black hair, really. But I can imagine Hartley with black hair, no problem there.
Missing you, Md