Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 36-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 15926 times)

Offline dragonmastachief

• Lurker
  • dont bleed in front of me.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 36-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
That bothered me, but I rationalize she answered them because they pertained to the main question Harry asked.

I wondered that also.

Well the fea also said that she had a good mind to tell him what really happen and stop all this none sense, also if she knew what was really going on why was she so compelled to help molly in her training so viciously.
Id rather be an open book instead of a weekly newspaper.

Offline mstorer3772

• Conversationalist
  • Nerdier than thou... oh wait. I'm HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
Well the fea also said that she had a good mind to tell him what really happen and stop all this none sense, also if she knew what was really going on why was she so compelled to help molly in her training so viciously.

It's also possible that the winter fae won't try to screw him over any more now that he's their Knight.  UNLIKELY, and quite possibly just the opposite... though anything that would prevent him from serving Mab properly would undoubtedly Invoke Her Wrath.
Get off my lawn.

DV 1.2 YR 8 FM <1 BK++ RP++ JB TH+ WG++ CL--- SW BC++ MC+ SH [Murphy++ Molly- Gerd++ Lea+ Lash++]

Offline Teck Loh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:38:29 AM »
I have a question about Bob (what he did in Chapter 45).

Why did Bob bother to lie about collapsing the Way? Evil Bob's main task was to prevent Dresden from going through at all, right? So I really don't understand why Evil Bob wouldn't just go straight after Harry despite whatever Bob has done to the Way. So even if Harry couldn't collapse the Way after him, he still gets through and wreck the Corpsetaker's plans and that's the main issue, in my opinion.

Which makes Bob's lie in the chapter seems unnecessary...

But I am willing to hear alternative interpretations of that scene.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »
I have a question about Bob (what he did in Chapter 45).

Why did Bob bother to lie about collapsing the Way? Evil Bob's main task was to prevent Dresden from going through at all, right? So I really don't understand why Evil Bob wouldn't just go straight after Harry despite whatever Bob has done to the Way. So even if Harry couldn't collapse the Way after him, he still gets through and wreck the Corpsetaker's plans and that's the main issue, in my opinion.

Which makes Bob's lie in the chapter seems unnecessary...

But I am willing to hear alternative interpretations of that scene.

Because of exactly what Harry said. If EB had gone straight after Harry, he would've had our Bob on his back and Harry at his front - he wasn't foolish enough to try to take them both on at the same time. And, frankly, our Bob was likely a bigger threat to EB than Harry was. So EB had to take that threat out before he could focus on Harry.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Duvodas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
So Harry's in Aristides' hideout in plain sunlight (though he's hidden from the rays by the building), but before that it seemed as if the only place that'd hide him was his grave.

After the shooting at Murphy's house, instead of rushing back to her place before the sunrise, Harry goes and tries to find his grave, missing the sunlight by heartbeats and therefore almost re-dying.

What's up with that?

Offline PerfectVeil

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 11:41:31 PM »
Um.. That kinda bothered me too.
I figured that maybe what had occurred in the building had changed it's relationship to him so that it was no longer *just* a warehouse, but something significant that would therefore be safe for him, like his grave was.
Sorry, but that was the best I could come up with.
Unless
(click to show/hide)
"it gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a journey, time is a river and the door is ajar."