Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 26-35 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 10215 times)

Offline SkinsFanVJ

• Participant
  • 6/8/07 - Popped my Dresden Cherry!!
    • View Profile
Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 26-35 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Welcome to the Ghost Story Book Club!!  This is intended to allow us to theorize and discuss as we read through Ghost Story.   Discuss whats happened and how amazing it is.  Discuss what you think is happening in the current set of chapters.  Or even theorize about what may be about to happen.   

The rules are simple...
You can discuss anything you want about Ghost Story, so long as it does not exceed the chapter limit set for this particular thread. 

Chapter Limit -- Do NOT discuss anything after chapter: 35

Offline wildone654

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 26-35 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »
OK, so far so good, but all I have to say is, WHERE THE HELL IS THOMAS!?  NOBODY HAS MENTIONED THOMAS!?  WHATS HAPPENED TO THOMAS!?!?!?!

And no Mouse, sad face.

Offline SkinsFanVJ

• Participant
  • 6/8/07 - Popped my Dresden Cherry!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:10 PM »
Well we know where Mouse is....

However, it would have been nice to actually see him.  I am curious if Mouse would be able to see Ghost Harry, or even communicate with him...?

AND I agree....WHERE IS THOMAS!!!  LOL

He was already pretty broken down before changes...I really had a feeling he would be involved in this story somehow.  Especially considering Harry was last seen on THOMAS' BOAT!!

Offline cygnus21

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
WOW. we get to see Harry battle HWWB, a deal with Lea, and a strange spirit who makes Harry's head hurt when he talks, Uriel anyone?

plus in chapter 35 we get to see the inside of Bob's skull...awesome, freaking awesome.

Offline The Professor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »
Bob's crib was awesome lol.

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:37 AM »
I loved the Bob scene. Not only because we got to see his crazy apartment, but also because we got typical Bob insight. We got thrown a lot of info up until that point and Bob condensed it and made it make sense again. I felt just like Harry, "ohhhhhhhh, thanx Bob. I'm an idiot."
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline kaylan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
Wow loved the chapter with Bob and the way his place is described.  My head hurt after all that.  Even before I read that chapter when Harry mentioned that his body was unavailable, I kept thinking that his body is a live somewhere and he isn't really dead.  I don't know who has it yet, but I think it is Mab.

Offline jrswanson1

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
Why does Father Forthill have a King James Version of the Bible?

JS

Offline PadawanWizard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:59 PM »
Why does Father Forthill have a King James Version of the Bible?

JS

In the end, there may not be a need to select only one translation of the Bible to use. There is no reason why a Catholic cannot collect several versions of the Bible, aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each. It is often possible to get a better sense of what is being said in a passage by comparing several different translations. (From Catholic.com)

He is a Priest and thus studys theology so why wouldn't he have one of the easest to find versions of the bible in his room?