Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 16-25 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 14378 times)

Offline SkinsFanVJ

• Participant
  • 6/8/07 - Popped my Dresden Cherry!!
    • View Profile
Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 16-25 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Welcome to the Ghost Story Book Club!!  This is intended to allow us to theorize and discuss as we read through Ghost Story.   Discuss whats happened and how amazing it is.  Discuss what you think is happening in the current set of chapters.  Or even theorize about what may be about to happen.   

The rules are simple...
You can discuss anything you want about Ghost Story, so long as it does not exceed the chapter limit set for this particular thread. 

Chapter Limit -- Do NOT discuss anything after chapter: 25

Offline SkinsFanVJ

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 16-25 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:16 AM »
ANOTHER WOW!!

I still cant get a full read on Molly, or even Murph for that matter.  They are both extremely tortured souls right now. 

It was cool to see Harry use magic, but it not having an affect on the real/mortal world im sure is gonna play into the rest of the story.  I cant imagine he will be able to just take over the body of all characters all the time.

My biggest question is what happens to Molly in the future -- I mean she may not have admitted to directly killing anyone, but she indirectly used magic to lead to deaths of mortals.  I wonder how that plays out with the council and stuff, if she lives past the book and all that ....

Offline cygnus21

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
yep, molly is in a rough place right now. Murph even moreso. I think we all expected this to be a VERY different book from the previous ones, but I for one didn't expect it to be THIS dark.

It was great getting to see Nick Christian though. Wonder if we get to see more of him before the story is done.

Loving the book so far. but its really time for sleep now, lol.

Offline SkinsFanVJ

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
I hear ya -- I was up till 2 am reading it...one of those "just one more chapter" nights hahah

I am still more and more amazed by Molly and Murph in this story - very dark and dreary.  I wonder if Harry ever realized the impact he had on both of them, that maybe in his own crazy ways, he was the one keeping both of them sane...

And STILL NO MENTION OF THOMAS!!  I wonder if he is going to make an appearance at all.....????

I thought he might be One of the THREE....(sounds like im discussing BSG, hah)

Offline Alablast

• Seriously?
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
I'm really starting to wonder about Thomas, too- the whole scene with the other WC vampire has me concerned.  Murphy would have tried to work with Thomas if at all possible; that another one was involved doesn't point to Thomas being in a safe place.  :(

And Molly is awesome!  Way to show what a few good illusions can do!

...I feel kind of bad reading through this so quickly.  Mr. Butcher put a lot of effort over the course of a year on this, and here I am trying to consume it as quick as I can in a few days.  I'm really glad with it so far though- if you read this, thanks for all the effort you put into Ghost Story!
"There are other ways!"
"Then you should have explored them before you tore our people apart!!"

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
After Molly hit the scene, the book started feeling real post-apocalyptic or even age of apocalypse feeling. So eerie
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline ansatsusha80

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:01 AM »
yep, molly is in a rough place right now. Murph even moreso. I think we all expected this to be a VERY different book from the previous ones, but I for one didn't expect it to be THIS dark.

It was great getting to see Nick Christian though. Wonder if we get to see more of him before the story is done.

Loving the book so far. but its really time for sleep now, lol.

I agree with everything you said....I might have to read this book a couple of more times

This might be my favorite book in the series 

Offline Skip6235

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48:16 AM »
Wow, the chapter after the diner seen with moly had me actually crying. Good job, Jim, I don't usually cry for fictional characters, but I could really feel Harry's pain at seeing the consequences of his actions on his friends and his city. Also, the fight seen with molly was awesome, and really made me wish for someone to do a direct adaptation of these books into movies. It was so cinematic! I wonder how Fitz is going to play into this. . .and also, Lea called Harry "my knight", which implies the mantle hasn't passed back to Mab, right? But how is that possible? also, people keep saying there's something off about Harry's spirit. So far Mort, Sir Stuart, Bob, and Lea have all commented on his anomalies, but nothing has really been explained about it. Maybe something about being able to come back?
DV Skip6235 v1.2 YR3.5 FR2.5 BK+++ RP-(++) JB- TH(++) WG+ CL SW BC(++) MC++(-)(--)(---)(!) SH[Elaine++ Lash++ Molly++ Murphy--Stacy+++]

Offline magic penguin

• Posty McPostington
  • what goes around come around
    • View Profile
    • www.google.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
I read the book as fast as I could.I just wanted to know what happened, I am now reading it to understand what I missed. I feel sorry for Harry wanting to do so much and he can't. I feel sorry for Molly. She's been through so much. But I am sure that Mr. Butcher has his reasons for having Molly behaving as she did. Perhaps this whole time will make her stronger when Harry returns. She will need to be stronger for when Harry returns.
"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good" Harry Dresden- White Night.