Author Topic: Rearanging skills/damage  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Rearanging skills/damage
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:39:13 AM »
Let's say I have Beast form and as a beast I put my Endurance up to +6, which gives me an extra mild.  Let's say, in combat I take 2 mild consequences, wHen I shift back and my endurance goes to +3, what happens to the consequence?  Does it disappear?  Does it have to use a one of my other consequence slots?

Likewise, if I have modular abilities and take Mythic Toughness (giving me 6 extra boxes of stress), what happens if, mid-combat, My 6box gets filled and then I change form and switch to Supernatural toughness?  What happens to that stress box?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: Rearanging skills/damage
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:42:59 AM »
I'm not sure that the RAW covers this issue.

However, how I would rule is that the consequence worsens to be appropriate for the next available slot, and any extra stress rolls up into consequences, in each case resulting in a Taken Out result if no/insufficient consequences are available
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 02:43:50 AM »
It doesn't disappear and can knock you out...I think that was covered in the text, I'll see if I can find it.
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 02:46:01 AM »
O.k...so if you wanna be super tough in a fight but when the fight goes bad and you want to flee, you can't switch your supernatural toughness for supernatural speed because it is potentially taking you out.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 02:51:57 AM »
I had it slightly wrong, doesn't knock you out just 'hangs' there...see below.
This is the official ruling, which has been worked into the marginalia in what will be the final text:

It's much like boxes that you don't get access to when someone attacks you with something that satisfies The Catch. The boxes are still there, still numbered as they're numbered, still marked; you just don't have access to them when you're in the other form.

So, say you shapeshift into a form that gives you a 5th and 6th stress box, and you get hit several times, and hard.  One gives you a Mild Consequence and another gives you a mark on your 5th stress box.

Then you shapeshift back.  You can only access stress boxes 1 through 4, but there's still a X mark on your 5th box that'll be there when you shapeshift back (or will clear out once you get to clear out all your stress boxes normally).

The mild consequence would still hang around too (and this is where you see the Alphas still carrying over their wounds from their wolf forms).

"Hey, what if my form has an extra mild consequence slot?"

Similar logic. It's still there, and still occupied (and still taggable!), you just don't get to access it for its benefits.
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »
O.k...cool.  THat makes sense.  This is the problem with having YS BETA on my computer.  I don't think to go look at my paper copy to see if I'm missing anything.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 03:40:41 AM »
O.k...cool.  THat makes sense.  This is the problem with having YS BETA on my computer.  I don't think to go look at my paper copy to see if I'm missing anything.

You know you can fix that Taran. All you have to do is send Evilhat a photo of you with the books and they'll give you the current PDF. Email them.

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
You know you can fix that Taran. All you have to do is send Evilhat a photo of you with the books and they'll give you the current PDF. Email them.
I'm pretty sure that, if you set up an account when ordering, you can just log in and d/l the current pdf.   ...Not 100% sure, though, since I ordered mine late enough to have the updated pdf to start with.

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that, if you set up an account when ordering, you can just log in and d/l the current pdf.   ...Not 100% sure, though, since I ordered mine late enough to have the updated pdf to start with.

This is accurate. I snagged the updated pdf after it was released from my account, and I pre-ordered specifically to get my hands on the early bird version. ^_^

--Crion
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden