Author Topic: Statting: Big Daddy  (Read 1562 times)

Offline ZMiles

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Statting: Big Daddy
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:34:08 AM »
My thoughts on how to stat a big daddy:
(And this is my first time statting anything beyond basic soldiers, so beware, novice at play:)

Bouncer:
(These are the big guys with drills)

Physical: OOOOOO(OOOO)
Social: OO
Mental: OO

Powers:

Hulking Size [-2]
Aquatic [-1]
Claws [-2] (The drill)

Stunts:

Drill Dash [-1] : You can initiate grapples up to two zones away. Furthermore, pay a fate point and, if attacking during the grapple, the attack is made at +3.
Supernatural Toughness [-4]: Catch is magic/hexing (+1).
No mind to control [-1]: You've been fused to the suit and brainwashed, which has some sizable disadvantages, but on the other hand, there's not much of you left to charm. Rolls to resist enchantment or enthrallment are made at +2.
Compelling nature
  • : Because of the above brainwashing, you may only pay off at most two compels per session.

Welder [-1]: Your duties include making sure that Rapture stays watertight. Craftsmanship rolls are made at an additional +2 when building or working on actual buildings (fixing support beams, etc.).

Rosie:
(Big guys with grenade launchers)

Physical: OOOOOO(OOOO)

Powers:

Hulking Size [-2]
Aquatic [-1]
Breath weapon [-2] (The grenade launcher)

Stunts:

Canon-ical attacks [-2]: You obtain +2 when using cannons or other large-projectile type weapons.
Supernatural Toughness [-4]: Catch is magic/hexing (+1).
No mind to control [-1]: You've been fused to the suit and brainwashed, which has some sizable disadvantages, but on the other hand, there's not much of you left to charm. Rolls to resist enchantment or enthrallment are made at +2.
Compelling nature
  • : Because of the above brainwashing, you may only pay off at most two compels per session.

Alpha series:
(Human-sized, can use plasmids)

Physical: OOOO(OO)
Hunger: OOO

Powers:

Aquatic [-1]

Stunts:
Inhuman Toughness [-2]: Catch is magic/hexing (+1).
Plasmid power-ups [-4]: You can use plasmids, unlike your kin. Choose two of the following:
   Incinerate (weapon: 2, fire element)
   Telekinesis (+2 athletics when dodging projectiles larger than a bullet and smaller than a large human body. If you make the athletics roll, you are 'holding' the projectile and may toss it back at the enemy or use it in some other way).
   Electrobolt(weapon: 2, electric element)
   Winter blast (Roll weapons at +2 to use; does no damage but a successful attack paralyzes enemies for one round)
Rage mode [-4]: You are bonded to one person. When that person is in danger, you may invoke the following powers:
   Inhuman Speed
   Inhuman Strength
   When the scene is over, roll Hunger based on the costs of the powers you invoked.
Rage out [-1]: If that person you are bonded to dies, take an Extreme Consequence to avoid dying or falling into a coma. This consequence cannot be removed until you are bonded to another person, a long and painful process.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:36:50 AM by ZMiles »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Statting: Big Daddy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »
This is a bit of a mess, to be honest.

Do you mind if I just try rewriting everything? I'm not familiar with the source material here (Bioshock?), but I do have a fair bit of practice writing DFRPG characters.

Offline ZMiles

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:50:48 AM »
Sure. Like I said, I'm not all that good at statting yet.

Info on the different types of big daddies is at: http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Daddy

Offline Khalis231

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:10:32 AM »
I'm not too familiar with BioShock either, but I am familiar with the Bouncer version of the Big Daddy. This would be my take on it:

Bouncer
HC: Mechanized Guardian of Rapture
Other Aspects: Bonded to a Little Sister

Skills:
Alertness: Fair (+2)
Athletics: Good (+3)
Craftsmanship: Fair (+2)
Discipline: Fair (+2)
Endurance: Great (+4)
Fists: Great (+4)
Intimidation: Good (+3)
Might: Superb (+5)

Stunts:
Implacable Automaton (Endurance): The Bouncer's mental stress track is determined using its Endurance instead of its Conviction.
Unfeeling Automaton (Endurance): The Bouncer's social stress track is determined using its Endurance instead of its Presence.
No Pain, No Gain (Endurance): The Bouncer has an additional mild physical consequence slot.
Bend and Break (Might): The Bouncer adds two to its Might score when breaking things.

Powers:
Aquatic [-1]
Deadly Drill [-2]: Every Bouncer has a giant drill in place of an arm. This counts as a Weapon:4 that uses the Bouncer's Fists skill.
Hulking Size [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
The Catch [+2] is magic/hexing.

Physical OOOOOO(OOOO), Armor:2, +1 mild consequence
Mental OOOO
Social OOOO

Total Refresh Cost: -13

Fair (+2) initiative, attacks at Great (+4) with Weapon:6 drill and Strength, defends at Good (+3), nasty in a grapple with Fantastic (+6) Might and Strength. When breaking things, the combination of Might, Strength, stunt and Size means the Bouncer rolls at Legendary+4 (+12). Metal wall? No problem. Can take a lot of punishment and keep coming, assuming you don't fry its circuitry with magic. Not much use in a social conflict beyond the scare factor (Intimidation is at Superb when size is a factor), but its lack of anything resembling free will makes it slightly tougher to mess with.

I'd probably also throw in some sort of Feeding Dependency based on Adam, although I'm not sure if it would really affect anything beyond Inhuman Strength.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:14:42 AM by Khalis231 »

Offline ZMiles

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:18 AM »
Bouncers aren't bonded to a particular little sister, only the Alpha Series are. (Bouncers take any little sister that happens to pop out of the vent). Otherwise, though, that looks really good, way better than mine. :)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »
Trying to make something similar to Khalis' take here. Rivet gun is weapon 4, range three zones. Proximity mines are weapon 4 zonewide thrown. Rivet gun can be used in melee as weapon 2.

Rosie (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Mechanized Guardian Of Rapture
Other Aspects: Rivet Gun, Protect The Little Sister
Skills:  
Superb: Guns
Great: Endurance, Might
Good: Athletics, Intimidation
Fair: Discipline, Alertness, Craftsmanship
Average: Fists, Investigation, Survival, Presence, Weapons
Stunts:
Implacable Automaton (Endurance): The Rosie's mental stress track is determined using its Endurance instead of its Conviction.
Unfeeling Automaton (Endurance): The Rosie's social stress track is determined using its Endurance instead of its Presence.
No Pain, No Gain (Endurance): The Rosie has an additional mild physical consequence slot.
Master Of The Rivet Gun (Guns): +1 to hit with rivet gun.
Pistol Whip (Guns): May use guns as clubs with Guns.
Hand-Eye Coordination (Guns): May throw things with Guns.
Powers:
Aquatic [-1]
Hulking Size [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
The Catch (Magic/Hexing) [+2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:12:11 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:56:37 PM »
I would lower the accuracy of the Bouncers and up the weapons rating they are pretty easy to dodge but when they hit they hit hard.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 03:34:54 AM »
Alpha Series Big Daddy (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Mechanized Guardian Of Rapture
Other Aspects: Plasmids, Protect The Little Sister, Mental Bond
Skills: 
Superb: Weapons
Great: Athletics, Might
Good: Endurance, Intimidation
Fair: Discipline, Alertness, Fists
Average: Conviction, Presence, Craftsmanship, Survival, Investigation
Stunts:
Telekinesis (Athletics): +2 to defend against mid-sized projectiles, may catch projectiles on a successful defence.
Winter Blast (Weapons): +2 to Weapons when using it to block all of a single target's actions with Breath Weapon.
Powers:
Aquatic [-1]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (Magic/Hexing) [+1]
Breath Weapon [-2]
Restriction (only when Little Sister is in danger) [ad-hoc +1] affecting:
Feeding Dependency (Adam?) [+1] affecting:
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total: