Author Topic: [GS Spoilers] Harry's Power Ups  (Read 21679 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Power Ups (Changes Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
I added what, to me, was the point of GS.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Power Ups
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
Maybe he gained a slightly stronger "alliance" with Marcone? Or just fighting experience and werewolf knowledge. I haven't read FM in a while.

First time he truly pushed his limits. When he blasted the Loup Garou in the police station, he was surprised at how much power he used. I would say K or RP for that.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [GS Spoilers] Harry's Power Ups
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »
One of the interesting things about Ghost Story was that it was marked by enormous Power Ups for several of Harry's allies -- especially Butters, Mort, and Molly.

I'd give Harry an "A" for Mort, for certain, and probably an "M" as well -- he just saved Mort's life in a really big way. 

Offline Changchung

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
So did Harry lose his marker with Kincaid?

Offline itari

• Conversationalist
  • lost and delirious
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
A couple of odd questions:

Since Harry is the Winter Knight, will his power increase and decrease with seasons?
Will iron break his magic if he uses Unseelie power to enhance it?
Will he retain the ability to comprehend non-linear time?
Where the hell is his pentacle?

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »
One of the interesting things about Ghost Story was that it was marked by enormous Power Ups for several of Harry's allies -- especially Butters, Mort, and Molly.

I'd give Harry an "A" for Mort, for certain, and probably an "M" as well -- he just saved Mort's life in a really big way. 

interesting thoughts.  however, I'd say the Butters thing is a wash since it means no bob the skull.

There are a few things that are unresolved when it comes to that stuff.  Will Harry get bob back?

I don't know how much weight to give Mort as an ally because he tries very hard not to be a player.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Tarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »
What I found interesting is that the Fomor apparently have a classification system for powers amongst Mortals.  Obviously, its not especially useful for this discussion because Harry stayed within one band, but I'll throw it out there anyway.  If nothing else, its useful when analysing Harry's allies.

4 - "Sensitives" (The Big Hoods).  No overt power, but capable of hearing ghosts.

3 - ?

2 - Mort, apparently.  Someone with serious power, but not on the Council level.

1 - I'd guess full-level Wizards would sit in here, although it was never explicitly stated. 

Now, who exactly would be a third-tier asset to the Fomor would be is up for discussion.  I'd guess very minor sorcerers (Aristedes) and people with very specific talents.  Maybe the Werewolves, although I'd argue that the Alpha's experimentation probably means they deserve to be higher.