Have Tickets and Room
2 (25%)
Not Going
1 (12.5%)
Will Try To Find A Way
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 12, 2011, 05:09:29 AM

Author Topic: Videos Added From San Diego 2011 Comic Con  (Read 34784 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego 2011 Comic Con
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »
Courtesy of Kevin Hearne, author of the Iron Druid Chronicles:

CHEF VADER.

Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »
Also, more Pure Distilled Awesome:

Apparently, Pat is talking to Jim about Jim's plot choice at the end of Changes: "Great big balls of bronze!" :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
Where in the world does he get his shirts, I LOVE them!  ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
Where in the world does he get his shirts, I LOVE them!  ;D

BuzzyMultimedia.com!

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
oh thank you, Priscellie, those are sooo incredible, I have to get one!!  *hugs* you ARE my hero now  :D  well next to JB and Harry of course, hope you understand ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 12:48:45 AM »
oh thank you, Priscellie, those are sooo incredible, I have to get one!!  *hugs* you ARE my hero now  :D  well next to JB and Harry of course, hope you understand ;D

I suppose I can cope with that sort of company. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »
I suppose I can cope with that sort of company. :D

You did. All weekend. :P

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
Things I did, in addition to hanging with Jim Butcher for the majority of the con:

Lunch with Seanan McGuire (twice)
Dinner with Jim Butcher, Pat Rothfuss, Brandon Sanderson, Chris Paolini, and his sister one evening (*screamflail*), then dinner with Seanan another evening.
Chillage with Amber Benson, Christopher Moore, Ian Corson, Anton Strout, Seanan McGuire, Peter Orullian, Kevin Hearne, Ernest Cline, and Penguin Editors of Extreme Awesomeness Anne Sowards, Jess Wade, and Erica Dunnoherlastname.
Drinks with Seanan McGuire, Rachel Caine (who IDENTIFIED me--Me: It's such a treat to meet you! I'm Priscilla. Rachel Caine: *delighted* Priscilla Spencer? Me: *squeakthud*), Anton Strout, Drunk Amber Benson, Pat Rothfuss (who kept giving Amber Malibu Rum and pineapple), Lev Grossman, and George R. R. Freaking Martin!

(I only spent like three minutes with George R. R. Martin, but he laughed at a joke I made!  And he signed a bear and a tag for Books for Boobs!  GREAT GUY.)

I was also ten feet away from Matt Smith at one point and passed Wil Wheaton on the street.  And I hurt my wrist playing Wii Bowling with Seanan.

And I'm probably forgetting stuff.

In short, I won Comic Con.  How is this my life?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
I'm soooo jealous...I never meet anyone, well but local celebs... but hey, I'm still jealous ;D  OH, btw I did order a tee from there, the "I'm not staring at you, I'm studying my prey" shirt, I couldn't decide so I got that one...it's the one that made me laugh the hardest *grins*

I want your life, Priscellie...care to change for a .......heck even 10 minutes?  :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 02:15:38 AM »
Things I did, in addition to hanging with Jim Butcher for the majority of the con:

Lunch with Seanan McGuire (twice)
Dinner with Jim Butcher, Pat Rothfuss, Brandon Sanderson, Chris Paolini, and his sister one evening (*screamflail*), then dinner with Seanan another evening.
Chillage with Amber Benson, Christopher Moore, Ian Corson, Anton Strout, Seanan McGuire, Peter Orullian, Kevin Hearne, Ernest Cline, and Penguin Editors of Extreme Awesomeness Anne Sowards, Jess Wade, and Erica Dunnoherlastname.
Drinks with Seanan McGuire, Rachel Caine (who IDENTIFIED me--Me: It's such a treat to meet you! I'm Priscilla. Rachel Caine: *delighted* Priscilla Spencer? Me: *squeakthud*), Anton Strout, Drunk Amber Benson, Pat Rothfuss (who kept giving Amber Malibu Rum and pineapple), Lev Grossman, and George R. R. Freaking Martin!

(I only spent like three minutes with George R. R. Martin, but he laughed at a joke I made!  And he signed a bear and a tag for Books for Boobs!  GREAT GUY.)

I was also ten feet away from Matt Smith at one point and passed Wil Wheaton on the street.  And I hurt my wrist playing Wii Bowling with Seanan.

And I'm probably forgetting stuff.

In short, I won Comic Con.  How is this my life?

Well, after the Jim-Butcher-and-Cam-Banks-holding-your-schwag-so-Nathan-Freakin'-Fillion-can-take-a-pic-with-YOU episode from two years ago, I didn't think you could top it. I should've known better. :D

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 02:52:50 AM »
Definitely cooler than my Con, in which I mostly stood in line for things.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »
I bring you Patrick Rothfuss Riding a Mechanical Bull at Comic Con 2011

Edit:  Also from Comic Con:  Patrick Rothfuss reads one of his humor columns from his college days. This is the story of the guinea pigs.

Holding in the laughter at my desk is making my eyes water
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:46:57 AM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Murphy Fan

• Participant
  • Bay Area
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
Some of my CC Favs:

Picking up Ghost Story on preview night, Getting Jim to Sign Ghost Story, Giving Jim the $20 I promised from last year, Seeing Jim Laugh at Karen's Comment on the differences between Sgts and Lts, Seeing Jim's (Epic) Panel, Seeing Stan Lee, Getting Stan to sign, Having Emily (Cousin) for a day, Family Guy + Panels. Was lucky enough to get to see at comic con
http://www.robertpicardo.net/holodoc/holodoc.html
Most people I met in SD and at CC are nice and friendly
XMAN Panel

Not so CC FAVs

I was most disappointed that Comic Con / Penguin did not have enough Jim Events, but it was great to see my favorite author  ;D
The 9 hour drive to and from CC / Bay Area
Standing in line for hours and hours
High prices for mostly bad food

Will post some photos / videos after I get back from FLA next week.

Brent / Karen

Offline Murphy Fan

• Participant
  • Bay Area
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »
No time to post videos but a few still images from first Signing and Panel

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1964144670370.2102941.1445475018&l=7cd3fe423d&type=1

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »
No time to post videos but a few still images from first Signing and Panel

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1964144670370.2102941.1445475018&l=7cd3fe423d&type=1

Thanks!  Please post more when you get the opportunity.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*