Linked Events

• Signing in Boston, MA: August 03, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3  (Read 24666 times)

Offline Waxbullet

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »
Propeller hats?
definitely not.
Burger King crowns.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
...or we could wear our normal clothes and that way we would be able to spot each other right away.

just look out into the crowd and see someone wearing normal clothes and "ah that must be someone from the forum"  try it, it works all the time 60% of the time
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:14 AM »
...or we could wear our normal clothes and that way we would be able to spot each other right away.

just look out into the crowd and see someone wearing normal clothes and "ah that must be someone from the forum"  try it, it works all the time 60% of the time

You have a point.
You assume that I have normal clothes.

Propeller hats?
definitely not.
Burger King crowns.

And so do you. But that means I'd have to go to to a BK.

Decisions, decisions...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline starzchild508

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 01:43:01 AM »
i am taking the night off ;D i will be there  comming up from newbedford and looking forword to seeing u

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 02:22:05 AM »

another forumite! yay!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline restless.spirit

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 04:37:26 AM »
Don't suppose we could put this signing off until the end of August??  I will be there over Labor Day weekend.  Pretty please??

:D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:56:04 AM by restless.spirit »

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:08 AM »
What? After all of the um.. "favors" we had to do to get him to go further north than NY?
We'll take pictures for you.
:D

Offline restless.spirit

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 04:57:51 AM »
/sigh.  This is just going to be my first ever trip to Boston and it would be really cool if I got to meet JB while I was there.  Would it help if I told you that I will be having my birthday while I am there?   ;D

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15:38 AM »
Well, seeing as how its your first trip, don't forget to see the USS Constitution. And have some baked beans and beer for your birthday.
And NO. Doesn't help.

If you live in MA and this is your first trip then WHAT?
If you live in NH, again WHAT?
or even ME... what?

But we'll forgive you if you live further away.
Still not changing the date. Maybe you can offer "favors" to Jim's publicist?
<.<
>.>

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 05:36:16 AM »
What is the name of that hot dog place where they insult you? You should go there. Or, I bet Fyr would give you hot dogs and insult you, too.  ;)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
What is the name of that hot dog place where they insult you? You should go there. Or, I bet Fyr would give you hot dogs and insult you, too.  ;)
[/b]

For a small fee, of course.

Offline restless.spirit

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
I live in Seattle and the closest I have ever lived to Boston was Arkansas, so it is not entirely surprising that I have never been there.  I am really looking forward to it.  Although I was thinking of having lobster for my birthday.  I mean really, how can I go to New England and not have lobster?  I am definitely open to suggestions about sights to see while I am there though.  I know next to nothing about Boston.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »

Dicks Last Resort... not a a hot dog only place it has a good amount of good food and yes you will get insulted and possibly have a penis hat put on your head by your server
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Waxbullet

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
good ribs though.

Offline Bayani

• Participant
  • Financial Vigilante
    • View Profile
    • Division 401 Group Page
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
Hm, glad I checked the forums out. Looking forward to getting what I can signed. See all you folks there, I guess!

I live in Seattle and the closest I have ever lived to Boston was Arkansas, so it is not entirely surprising that I have never been there.  I am really looking forward to it.  Although I was thinking of having lobster for my birthday.  I mean really, how can I go to New England and not have lobster?  I am definitely open to suggestions about sights to see while I am there though.  I know next to nothing about Boston.

Been living in the Boston area my whole life and served as a tour guide for several summers.  I suggest that you start off with a Duck Tour (http://www.bostonducktours.com/tickets_main.aspx) It's the best way to see the town as an overview; you can then pick a few places that you see on the tour to come back to visit. Definitely get an MBTA pass too (details: http://mbta.com/fares_and_passes/passes/). It's the best and least expensive way to get around town and catch the sights. Definitely check out the North End as it's sort of a mecca for good Italian food (Mike's and/or Modern Pastry for cannoli should be a must). I like visiting the New England Aquarium personally but that can be a bit pricey. The Back Bay is one of the trendier spots in Boston...sorta like Boston's version of Fifth Avenue. That's a nice pleasant street to walk on to check out some really cool/unique shops. I also suggest checking out Harvard Square (just off the Red Line).

If you're feeling extra adventurous, take a ferry up to Salem and explore that town for a day as well.

If you're looking for good seafood, check out Legal Seafoods. There are several locations. Personally I like The Daily Catch, which is in the North End. If you can somehow make it out to a Kelly's Roast Beef (there's one in Allston, which is on the Green Line), definitely do so as they have good, well-priced seafood.  I'd say that Kelly's is very much a restaurant that represents the local flavor.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:37:04 PM by Bayani »