Linked Events

• Signing in Boston, MA: August 03, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3  (Read 24672 times)

Offline doh573

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Boston (Cambridge), MA on 8/3
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »
anyone know if we have to sign up in advance for this or if we just show up?
In Jim we trust.

Gus- People say our intense love of bunnies is creepy at our age, but history will prove them to be heartless bastards.

Credit where credit is due. This is where I found the avatar photo: http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/150/i/2012/022/1/7/012012_dresden_bookmark_by_gillyperkygoth

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:22 PM »
anyone know if we have to sign up in advance for this or if we just show up?

For the signing or the pre-signing 'tea'??

I doubt there is a signup for the signing, although there might be a purchase requirement. There's nothing about it on the store's website events.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 04:53:06 AM »
for pubs/bars in stumbling distance that i can do, my fav place is right in the square.

Tommy Doyles,   good food too
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
for pubs/bars in stumbling distance that i can do, my fav place is right in the square.

Tommy Doyles,   good food too

Sounds like a plan.
I'm not sure about time-how early we should be there if there is a line or whatever. Is 4p too early? Meet at T-Doyles at 4 and then head over to the singing about 5 (or later or earlier, depending)?

Can everyone do that?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Paine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 03:25:35 AM »
I've never been to a book signing before.  How early should one arrive to guarantee a spot?  Do you bring your own copy of the book, or are you expected to buy one there?

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
I've never been to a book signing before.  How early should one arrive to guarantee a spot?  Do you bring your own copy of the book, or are you expected to buy one there?

Depends on the store. I would expect that they would want you to purchase at least one book if you want something signed. Depending on the crowd there might be a limit on the number of things you can get signed. I plan on arriving early-but HOW early remains to be seen. Some of Jim's past signings have exploded out of the planned space and others were too big. I expect the crowd to be big.

I have contacted the store and hopefully will have an answer to these questions! Inquiring minds want to know.

Offline KJKid

• Participant
  • The soul seeks to be free from this mortal realm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
I hope to be there!  :D

Offline Kellhound

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Sorcery 101
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »
I'm gonna do everything I can to go. I was gonna bring my sketch book to get some work done/do some life drawing before the signing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:51:07 AM by Kellhound »
I make a comic about an inept Sorcerer learning magic from an angsty vampire. You can read it at http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery101/s101chapter1/

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 01:07:19 AM »

Ok ... this is from the store:

I am checking with Jim Butchers publicist to see if there are any specific  guidelines to the event, I can tell you that tickets are not necessary and you do not need to purchase the book here but there will be a 30% discount on Ghost Story.
I will let you know if there are any restrictions when I hear back from his publicist.

Voila.

Offline KJKid

• Participant
  • The soul seeks to be free from this mortal realm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
Ok ... this is from the store:

Voila.

Thanks for doing the "legwork!"  Hopefully the Sun will come out before then! Seems like the Winter Queen won't leave this area. ;)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
Thanks for doing the "legwork!"  Hopefully the Sun will come out before then! Seems like the Winter Queen won't leave this area. ;)

She hates me.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
OK! All Maine peeps planning on this trip please PM me if you are interested in a REALLY REALLY good hotel deal at the Lenox for us if you are going to stay overnight. (Same for the Boston folks if you want to get fancy for a night...) Also, a few of us are planning on taking the train the morning of the event. There is an 8a and 1230 departure from Portland. I'm checking to see if we can get a group of seats or something...
Please let me know in the next week!

Thanks!

Offline Crow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »
It looks like I will make the signing, the stars and vacation all aligned for me.  Thanks Fyrchick for asking the bookstore for the info. I hope to see you guys there.
There is the world that is and the world that should be. We live in one and must creat the other if it is ever to be

Offline Waxbullet

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 03:25:29 PM »
Here's hoping I get to head over there that evening.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
Woot for forum peeps coming to the signing. Maybe we should all wear propeller hats or something.....