Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 84556 times)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2011, 05:11:51 AM »
:D I'll crouch down
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline shaliscarai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
Looks like he's gonna be at Books and Co. in Beavercreek OH Fri July 29th. That'll make my daughter extremely thrilled. She met him a few years ago when he was there and she was 8yrs old. He couldn't believe someone that young had read all his books. She's eagerly awaiting seeing him again and reading the newest one. She'll have it read in 36 hours or less again. LOL
How am I supposed to think outside of the box if they won't let me out of it?

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:38 AM »
Looks like he's gonna be at Books and Co. in Beavercreek OH Fri July 29th. That'll make my daughter extremely thrilled. She met him a few years ago when he was there and she was 8yrs old. He couldn't believe someone that young had read all his books. She's eagerly awaiting seeing him again and reading the newest one. She'll have it read in 36 hours or less again. LOL

Eight years old?  Wow.  She must be very mature for her age!  I wouldn't dream of giving Eight-Year-Old Me these books.  :D

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:31 AM »
:D  me either, especially some of the parts of a few of the books.  Either I'd be unable to sleep, or...well....I won't get into it. ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
Eight years old?  Wow.  She must be very mature for her age!  I wouldn't dream of giving Eight-Year-Old Me these books.  :D

lol eight year old me still didnt know how to read at a kindergarden level :o
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »
I think I was eight or nine when I watched Jaws - I cheered for the shark.  I'd probably have been alright with Dresden.  :D
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »
Similar story here.

I weened my niece away from Twilight and on to The Dresden Files before her thirteenth b-day.  Now, of course, I have to make sure she at least has the digital book since she has to wait on snail mail for me to send her the hard copy in Indianapolis.

Offline RitaJune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: A few new signing tour dates (UNCONFIRMED)
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2011, 02:07:58 AM »
These are just the Borders dates/locations.  There are sure to be more elsewhere.  Other than possibly B&N's all over, they seem to like to send Jim to several indy bookstores like Powell's books in Washington State among others.  

I apologize if other touchy Portlandites have objected to this but Powell's (aka the best bookstore on the entire planet) is most definitely in Oregon.  The main location is downtown Portland and the location that Jim visited last time was in Beaverton or Hillsboro.  Oh, and boo for that - downtown would be way easier for me to get to on a weeknight.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: A few new signing tour dates (UNCONFIRMED)
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
I apologize if other touchy Portlandites have objected to this but Powell's (aka the best bookstore on the entire planet) is most definitely in Oregon.  The main location is downtown Portland and the location that Jim visited last time was in Beaverton or Hillsboro.  Oh, and boo for that - downtown would be way easier for me to get to on a weeknight.

Lol, sorry, for this Floridian (currently living in Virginia) them there north pacific states are a blur.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

MrsAWiggins05

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »
Book Release Event -- Q&A and Signing:
Unity Temple on The Plaza, Sanctuary
707 W 47th Street
Kansas City, Missouri
July 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM
Requires a $27.95 ticket (includes one Hardcover copy of Ghost Story, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Ticket if needed).
http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher

This makes me sad. The only signing remotely close to me, and it has to be at the one time that I've had a baby shower scheduled for my best friend for months. I don't think she would understand if I opened my house, but wasn't there so that I could go see some guy that wrote some book blah blah blah.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2011, 05:30:32 PM »
This makes me sad. The only signing remotely close to me, and it has to be at the one time that I've had a baby shower scheduled for my best friend for months. I don't think she would understand if I opened my house, but wasn't there so that I could go see some guy that wrote some book blah blah blah.

some guy who wrote some book? if shes your best friend how come shes not going with u
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
You could relocate the baby shower....  I'm sure the folks putting it on would let you set up a corner seating area. :-)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline CourageousMouse

• Participant
  • Beware the Jabberwock
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »
I'm really excited that I'll be able to go to the NYC signing.  I was at the NYCC signing, but I missed out on meeting the fellow fans and the fan dinner.  Plus I've only ever been to NYC once, so it shall be an exciting trip :D
Egon: Peter, do you know how to set your proton pack on explosive overload?
Peter: No.
Egon: I do.

Offline shaliscarai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2011, 03:02:04 AM »

Actually she's a lot like me. I was reading Shakespeare when I was 8. 
How am I supposed to think outside of the box if they won't let me out of it?

Offline tialessa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »
I called B&N Buckhead (Atlanta, GA) today...

Tickets will be given out @ 5P.

Purchase of Ghost Story is mandatory to get something signed. (Any other purchase - even if it's by Jim - doesn't count.) I did not ask, but I assume that 1 Ghost Story = 1 ticket.

Purchase must be made @ the Buckhead location.

# of books/items Jim will sign is up to Jim

Q&A (or not) is completely up to Jim (they do have a microphone for him to use if he chooses).