Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 84604 times)

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 01:48:09 AM »
I'm off both Tuesday (to go) and Wednesday for the NY signing (to recover)! Anyone up for meeting pre or post signing to gleefully guess the who, whats and whys? I'm thinking somewhere you can get a pint of ale.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2011, 02:01:01 AM »
That would be great, Chiro, then if we both get lost, heck, we can at least have fun together, maybe I can bring some cheesecake and you bring some...umm.....you have non-toxic punch? :D :D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Cheesecake and punch party in Naperville?  :D  (I'm not familiar with the area, but one of my housemates is from Downer's Grove).
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2011, 06:45:15 AM »
*L* I've been to the Museum of Science and Industry a couple of times, and even took the train that goes to Chicago, the last time I went down there (for the Titantic display, that tells you how long ago that was!) otherwise I've never driven myself down.  I had a gf that once lived there and she drove when we went down once and she knew her way around all over there.  I wish she was still availalbe.  

Wow, Cheesecake and punch party would be great!  It's about 7-8 miles from Downers Grove to Naperville....now just to see how far it is from my house to Naperville. :D  Hmmm only about 78 Miles, that's not bad..  Ok, I checked another site and it said 1 hour and 58 mins...whats going on here!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:58:11 AM by Alilisa »
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »
It might depend on what route you take?  I think Naperville is a little under an hour from me (I'm in Dundee).  I can't imagine that it's a terribly difficult place to find your way around in.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
I hope not, I'd be coming from southern Wisconsin area, I think down I-90 into IL down that area, through Rockford and straight down, then a left turn somewhere...I think....boy we're in trouble, I'm thinking! :D

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »
If you are looking for suggestions, I might have a couple routes for you.

If you take Route 31 south from 90, that will take you to Route 20.  Go East on 20 until you get to Route 59.  That will take you all the way to West Jefferson, the street that the book store is on.

Alternately, you can just take 90 East to 59 south and ride that straight to West Jefferson.

From there a left turn to go East on W. Jefferson and 3 miles and you are at the book store.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2011, 03:28:07 AM »
Thank you, MX, are they pretty easy routes to follow, considering i've rarely driven at night outside of Wisconsin *L*

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »
these are the kind of posts that makes me want to go and live there.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2011, 08:11:59 PM »
Thank you, MX, are they pretty easy routes to follow, considering i've rarely driven at night outside of Wisconsin *L*

Welcome :)  The good thing is that it will still be light out when we get under way.  The event starts at 0700 and there should be plenty of light still at that time.  Jefferson is pretty well lit, in the times I've been there.  59 is well travelled, especially with the mall and all the shops/restaurants in that area.  There should be plenty of light to get you where you need to go.

If you get the chance, just check out Google maps and do a satellite overlay of the route and zoom in the the turning points.  The turn from 59 to Jefferson, for example, has a big Target store on the North side of Jefferson and a Portillos on the South and both are visible from 59.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
these are the kind of posts that makes me want to go and live there.

Hehe.  I actually live in a town about 30ish miles SW of Naperville, but I used to work up that way and still see friends there from time to time.  Quite a bit to do in what is commonly referred to as Chicagoland.  Heck, they even call the speedway used for Nascar the Chicagoland Speedway even though it is technically about 30-40 miles outside of Chicago city limits in the city of Joliet.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2011, 12:41:27 AM »
Hehe.  I actually live in a town about 30ish miles SW of Naperville, but I used to work up that way and still see friends there from time to time.  Quite a bit to do in what is commonly referred to as Chicagoland.  Heck, they even call the speedway used for Nascar the Chicagoland Speedway even though it is technically about 30-40 miles outside of Chicago city limits in the city of Joliet.

heh, I kinda meant a little more general... there. like, in that general area. like, in that country. T.T
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
We have a few notes and clarifications to add to our signing tour information.  Many of the independent booksellers are requiring fans to purchase the book in-store to go through the signing line.  Details are below:

Kansas City, MO -- Requires a $27.95 ticket (includes one Hardcover copy of Ghost Story, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Ticket if needed) to attend the event.  We recommend you buy your ticket early!  Details at their website.

Naperville (Chicago), IL -- While a ticket is not required to attend the Q&A, if fans want to get anything signed, they will need to purchase a copy of Ghost Story at the hosting bookstore to get a signing line ticket.  Pre-purchase your copy of Ghost Story at Anderson’s Bookshop in person or by phone at 630-355-2665.  Note also that Seating is limited, and is on a first come-first served basis.

Beavercreek, OH -- I'd originally reported the wrong location for this signing.  To reiterate, it will be at the Greene Shopping Center location.  Signing line numbers are given out beginning at 6 pm. Please show your Books & Co receipt for Ghost Story to get a line number.

Lexington, KY -- The event will take place at 2pm.  Line tickets are required and available with the purchase of Ghost Story, available July 26th. Presale vouchers and line tickets available June 13th. A limited number of VIP tickets are available for Gives Back members.

Go here for the full list of tour dates and locations.

We hope that our American fans have a happy and safe Fourth of July.  Of course, all Butcher fans will have reason to celebrate July fifth!  Ellen Datlow's The Naked City anthology, which contains Jim Butcher's short story "Curses," hits stores this Tuesday!  Preorder it in our store.

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
I'm planning on going to the signing in Beaver Creek.  Do we have to buy Ghost Story at Books & Co to attend the signing?
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline nlbrown80

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »
Does anybody know if Jim will be at Dragon Con in Atlanta this year?