Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 83570 times)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:22 AM »
:D did you get off work today, Chiro, or didn't it rain hard enough?
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2011, 02:17:40 AM »
We were delayed a bit.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »
I actually have no idea where I am right now.
I hope you recovered ok from your late night, early rise :)

We need to get you one of these phone too :)  Verizon has a phone designed to take a beating called the Casio Commando.  Might last ya a bit :D

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2011, 02:21:28 AM »
yeah as long as you got some sleep after.  MX you need a job with the phone company between last night and tonight :)
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2011, 02:27:08 AM »
I slept well - except after our power went out and something out in the hall had low batteries.  Every two minutes it kept saying "Low Battery."
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:58 AM »
yeah as long as you got some sleep after.  MX you need a job with the phone company between last night and tonight :)

Oh no.  I spend too much time at work back and forth as it is.  I couldn't imagine selling them too.  Helping friends is worth it though :)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2011, 02:38:26 AM »
Oohhh that'd be annoying, Chiro, but I would believe it, with the storm I hit on the way home, that lightning and rain was horrific!

Can I send you my Recorder and you can tell me how to get it to run now, MX? :D

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2011, 04:20:03 AM »
I slept well - except after our power went out and something out in the hall had low batteries.  Every two minutes it kept saying "Low Battery."

May I recommend a fan?  I sleep with one running purely for the white noise it provides, but it helps to block out annoying sounds like that.

Can I send you my Recorder and you can tell me how to get it to run now, MX? :D

If you sent it to me, it might get wisked away permanently at this rate  :D

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29:26 AM »
:D  like has been happening recently? (MIA on the way down so I had to buy another, then found it, and then it vanished once I got home and I found it again? I swear there are little things stealing it from me and putting it down again!!

You met me, am I really that bad?? Wait...don't answer that ;D

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2011, 04:45:27 AM »
You met me, am I really that bad?? Wait...don't answer that ;D

Not you nor anyone I had a chance to speak with, but that damnable recorder on the other hand...

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2011, 04:59:29 AM »
:D  Isn't that the truth!

Offline Lord Rae

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2011, 09:11:44 AM »
How'd the Atlanta signing go? I HATE that I missed it but previous commitments and work the next day (I'm here now at 5am) kept me from making the short drive. When I called to ask about the crowd they said they were up to 200 on the tickets and that was at like 545 or so... heh. So I knew with having to get up so early there was no way I could go. Sad.

I will definitely make it next year if Jim ends up anywhere near Atlanta.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

This just in, from Jim's publicist:

8/1, McLean, VA at Tyson’s Corner: A recent B&N receipt for any of Jim Butcher’s books is required to join the signing line. Passes handed out at 5pm.

8/2, NYC, NY at Tribeca: The first 200 customers to buy GHOST STORY at the store get guaranteed seating, all others are standing room. Passes handed out at 10am.

Offline Cheesepusher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »
8/1, McLean, VA at Tyson’s Corner: A recent B&N receipt for any of Jim Butcher’s books is required to join the signing line. Passes handed out at 5pm.
Well I guess its a good thing they aren't specifying which book in case they run out of Ghost Story you can purchase any of them.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt

MrsAWiggins05

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »
You could relocate the baby shower....  I'm sure the folks putting it on would let you set up a corner seating area. :-)
There's an idea! The guests wouldn't have liked the four hour commute, I'm afraid. But I had a good laugh over the idea of a baby shower in the corner, trying to ignore the rampaging Butcher fans.
some guy who wrote some book? if shes your best friend how come shes not going with u

Unfortunately, she's not my best friend because we have similar tastes in books. She's my best friend because she's funny and speaks four languages. Dresdenian isn't one of them, though :-(