Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)  (Read 84553 times)

Offline Bayani

• Participant
  • Financial Vigilante
    • View Profile
    • Division 401 Group Page
Re: Jim's 2011 Signing Tour (CONFIRMED!)
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »
Looks like I'm crossing the river into Cambridge next week (aka Harvardland).

Offline tialessa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2011, 01:38:51 AM »
A bit more on the B&N Buckhead (Atlanta) event...

I picked up my copy tonight as I was heading back from a meeting... Book is 20% off & is $24.15 with tax.

Parking there could be an issue - it's right next to Publix & they really don't seem to have enough spaces for an event... + there's construction on Peachtree by Lenox Mall so pay attention to the signs & lane changes...

The line for the registers isn't very well marked if you come into the entrance by the Publix - it's to the right of the Customer Service desk.

I got conflicting information on the tickets & how they're handing them out so we'll have to see how it goes. They will have colored tickets (wristbands?) & each color is a group of 50. While you can apparently have multiple people per ticket (I asked about 3 people), each person has to have purchased Ghost Story.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
I have uploaded the Naperville Q&A onto YouTube.  There are three parts that run a total of about 40 minutes.  Lots and lots of great stuff here :)  Recording was done from the ground up with my Evo 3D, so the angle is a bit different than what some may be used to seeing.  The second vid started out without seeing Jim, but that is brief and I made adjustments to correct for the rest of the Q&A.

One thing I did, to make it quicker on the upload for my somewhat meager connection here in town, was to go down to 320x240 at 15 FPS.  It makes it stutter, but not much.  Audio is still great, which was the main thrust of recording it.  Without further ado, here are the links to the three videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHCOqCXjcqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySP76RX6GsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpKBOXdqBi4

Enjoy :)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »
thanks mx i get to watch it agian  ;D
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:44 PM »
It turned out great, MX :) OH I finally found my recorder *just falls over in a fit of laughter* on the desk in front of me...wow...am I tired or what?

Hey, GW, were you in any of those pics taken? If so, point yourself out!
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »
hey my question was 3:12 in on the third vid yeah
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2011, 12:35:16 AM »
I just saw it again :D  But I meant the photos on the Naperville thread.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2011, 01:06:32 AM »
It turned out great, MX :) OH I finally found my recorder *just falls over in a fit of laughter* on the desk in front of me...wow...am I tired or what?

I think that recorder is getting stolen by some of the Za=Lords guard.  Maybe they were spying on him and Mab  ;D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2011, 01:27:49 AM »
Thanks so much, MX!

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »
:D I'm beginning to think so too, that's twice in two days....wow!  Wonder what's on it!  Did you see I nearly ended up turning on the wrong road and heading back into Chicago, I think Harry wants Susan back in Chicago!  ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »
Wonder what's on it!

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »
Thanks so much, MX!

Was very happy to record it.  Not bad for a first time recording from the phone, huh?  Hehe

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2011, 02:01:32 AM »
Did you see I nearly ended up turning on the wrong road and heading back into Chicago, I think Harry wants Susan back in Chicago!  ;D

We need to get you a phone like mine :)  It has Google navigation.  Hell, I get lost on 294, 94, 90 unless I use something like it.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:25 AM »
I can't figure out how to get it to replay beyond where he signed my book and I say "thank you" and he says "You're welcome" and we're walking out talking about what we're doing next NOOOOOO :D

I get lost walking out my front door and driving to the next town, MX ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »
I actually have no idea where I am right now.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K