Linked Events

• Release party in Kansas City: July 26, 2011

Author Topic: GS release party in Kansas City, MO 7/26  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: GS release party in Kansas City, MO 7/26
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

Hey! I figured out how to quote!

This is actually a good idea, if I had the extra $27.95. BUT, that's actually not a dinner out, it's more like a month's lunches at work, or a 1/3rd a tank of gas to get to work, to make the money to buy the book, etc........  :'( So, somebody will just have to video the Q&A at one of the signings (or all of them....) and I will live vicariously through you lucky people!

Maybe you can hook up with another Dresden fan on the boards who bought a ticket, but isn't bringing a guest?

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:32 PM »
I'll be coming to KC for this, haven't finalized my schedule yet, but I imagine I'll fly in Saturday or Sunday.  Pretty sure Kellee will be coming with me.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »
Just bought my book/ticket.  ;D
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 02:10:16 AM »
Don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Can't afford the time off work.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 02:14:02 AM »
Mystic!  You have to come!! I'm gonna be there!!!

Or, if you can't come, you have to find some time that week we can have lunch or something... I don't get in until Tues evening, then I leave early Friday.  No definite plans yet, except for the signing itself.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
Well I finally purchased my book and 2 tickets.  I'll be bringing my wife.  I've missed the last three book releases/signing.  I'll be there this time ... argh!!

Anyone know about how long these usually last.  It doesn't matter, I'll be there the whole time, but I'd like to set expectations with my wife and kids.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:20:55 PM by Rasins »
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »
I don't think I've spent less than 3 hours at any of the signings I've been to... and I think in some cases it's been closer to 5.

A lot depends on how early you plan on getting there and where you are in the signing line.  Especially with a venue this big, if you're near the end of the line for signing, count on hanging around for a few hours.

Offline archaicwonder

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
So glad I am making it to this one.  Last year was fabulous.  I was worried with my job change i wouldn't be able to get the time off, but luckily the boss is awesome!  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
Everything finally came together and I ordered my ticket so I'll be there too. :)

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:35 AM »
I'm set and rearing to go tomorrow!  ;D
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 03:50:48 AM »
I'll make sure to read the book while you guys are at the signing and text you all spoilers!!  ;D
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 06:06:15 AM »
Too late, darlin'... I just finished it.  ;D

Now I've just gotta think of a really good question...

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »
No spoilers! *shakes angry fist*

Offline lovejoy69

• Posty McPostington
  • Ignore it, run away, bonk the offender on the head
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
Hope that everyone tonight at the Kansas City signing has an absolutely great time and that you can successfully coax Jim into a long, juicy, interactive Q&A, and that someone can get it posted (onto YouTube or whichever media) as soon as you can. And the same good wishes to each of you who will be attending the signings in other cities as well, of course.

Those of us who couldn't work out clearing a path to make it to a signing this year are green with envy (well, green me, anyway!).

Enjoy, enjoy! And please, please express to Jim, make sure that he understands, that both the quality of his authorcraft as well as his goodnatured willingness to stay accessible to his fans really is noted and appreciated by us readers.
It can be hard, even for a superbly successful author, not to react to the occasional sharp-tongued critic or to some person who lobs inappropriate criticisms or stereotypes toward the writer or a piece of work. An approving mob of ten thousand readers who stay silent may be less clearly felt than just one or two vocal complainants.

I'm already planning a Cold Days signing trip for next year. Missing this year's is almost too much to stand. I don't think I could stand it again next year.
"...when you know something the rest of us don't."
"It's like heroin for wizards," I confirmed.
   ===          ===
"And if the child was no warlock, she would have lowered the shield by now."
"No! I'm not dropping the shield until Harry says it's okay." She paused. "Uh, besides. I'm not sure how."

Offline h5n1

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 02:49:25 AM »
so, sitting here in my hotel room typing from my laptop... didn't get any footage, but AMAZING Q&A--jim was easily one of the nicest people PERIOD--minor celebrity or not. just absolutely personable, easy to talk to...

thank you for doing this, mr. butcher!