Author Topic: New Weaponry Stunt  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Weaponry Stunt
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:21 AM »
Well, we can agree to disagree I suppose.  

I don't see why any supernatural creature 10 refresh or higher would have any stunts.

Stunts are specializations that people/creatures have to overcome obstacles or be more powerful.  If you can already shrug off rifle rounds and turn into mist, what use do you have for stunts?

I wish to preface this post with a disclaimer.  I do not support munchkin behavior in my games, but I think it is wise to be good at it so one can counteract it.  I also generally agree with what Bumblingbear posts.  I like the cut of your jib sir!  That said... stunts can stack with powers to make PC's into genuine pwnsticks.

We have an ogre in game who took some stunts that truly help him out.  
-1 Was that supposed to hurt (endurance for defence)
-1 improvised weapons (use improvised weapons with fists skill)
-1 homebrew stunt (vehicular manslaughter) when using a vehicle as a weapon (melee or driving it inflicts two more stress)
-1 killer blow

think about how much stress a ford taurus turned projectile would do when combined with killer blow (since it now counts as a fist attack) + supernatural strength

costs no mental stress

add wall of death and weapon focus and weapon specialization to Thomas or Lara...scary.

Stunts can totally pimp out/munchkin/minmax a superntural critter.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:06:30 AM by Silverblaze »

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:52 AM »
Can I point out one more time that this is not a +2 to Swords, this is a +2 to parry with a sword against other Weaponry attacks.  

So thats pretty limited when you think about it, it doesn't work against the following.  
-Fists (Claws)
-Guns
-Magic
-Breath Weapons, it might be a weaponry attack but I would have to give a dirty look at the person trying to say they could use a parry to prevent it, or to use this stunt. . .

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »
Can I point out one more time that this is not a +2 to Swords, this is a +2 to parry with a sword against other Weaponry attacks.  

So thats pretty limited when you think about it, it doesn't work against the following.  
-Fists (Claws)
-Guns
-Magic
-Breath Weapons, it might be a weaponry attack but I would have to give a dirty look at the person trying to say they could use a parry to prevent it, or to use this stunt. . .

I think it's fine for a mortal stunt, and matches the appropriate power levels for such in the book.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.