Author Topic: Worldwalker- Rolls?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Worldwalker- Rolls?
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »
Ok so I'm GM'ing a campaign where a bunch of Vampires want to traverse through the Nevernever.  I know for a wizard, a roll must be made to open the Portal- does a WCV make the same roll, a similar roll, or is in an innate ability like incite emotion needing no roll?

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Worldwalker- Rolls?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »
I would say that if they are in an area that they can enter the nevernever from (strip club, old interrogation room, ect.), then I would imagine the best way to do it would be as an assessment/declaration to find the location's appropriate aspect, and then invoke it for effect to enter the nevernever.  Or, if you don't have something planned for failure, you can just say, "Sure, you enter the nevernever from the back of the strip club."

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »
Invoking your High Concept would work, in my opinion. Getting an aspect to tag for it would be cheaper, but slower. If you are in a hurry to get out, it is just a Fate point away. That doesn't vouch for what is on the other side though.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
Alright, I like the idea of declaration/invoke High Concept depending on the scenario.  Thanks guys.

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »
This came up in my game sort of.  A wizard (OK, focused practitioner) had put up a ward to prevent an Ogre from crossing over at an appropriate spot.  I was going to have the Ogre roll Lore to try to break through, but I'm not sure if that's the right skill or not.