Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence/Machine Spirit  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Spirit
« on: April 15, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »
Been awhile since I posted anything around here but I recently started toying with an idea for an NPC though its not fully "fleshed-out" yet and wanted to pose the concept here and get some ideas form y'all.
The Basic Concept is for a being that exists only within the digital web. It cannot manifest in any way though due to its nature its a natural-born hacker and could potentially take over a military drone and use its weapons. But I don't foresee it doing that anytime soon. The idea is that its newly-minted so its still exploring the world around it much like a newborn (with all the joy and terror THAT can cause) so my question is, what kind of skills, stunts, powers should it have? I'd imagine a complete lack of physical skills (Athletics, Guns, Fists etc...) with a Superb Scholarship to represents its access to the entirety of the web in an instant. I also figure its effectively un-killable since it can backup and clone itself at will nor can it be affected by any actual attacks, though hexing a system its in my cause it some pain.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I haven't decided yet if this is a Rogue/Spontanteous A.I. or some new form of spirit; a "Machine Spirit" so I'm pretty open to suggestions.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial Intelligence/Machine Spirit
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:32:28 AM »

Offline Chris_Fougere

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »
If its an NPC, then I'd just follow the writeup for Bob and make it a sort of free-floating Lore/Scholarship check at Superb with some personality to it.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
HEXUS!

(game over) ;D

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »