Author Topic: Other Holy Warrior (there are only three swords, but SOoooooooo many gods)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Delmorian

• Posty McPostington
  • The Pants are BACK Baby!
    • View Profile
I had an idea about a different Holy Warrior, and how to empower them.

Either a Tattoo, or possibly engraved on the bones (like sam and dean from supernatural) a symbol that lest the wearer/weilder empower a Construct which Surrounds the wearer/weilder, like a suite of armor.

How would you go about constructing something like that inside the rules frame work.

I figure either go shamanic, adding "bears strength, eagles sight, salmons wisdom..." and so on, or actually simulate a creature of legend, a jann, or a winged knight, or what ever. Possibly something Hindu, with extra arms and a blue skin tone. Any sugestions, rule wise?
* Funny post quote that remains constantly relavant *

Offline stabbald

• Participant
    • View Profile
I had an idea about a different Holy Warrior, and how to empower them.

Either a Tattoo, or possibly engraved on the bones (like sam and dean from supernatural) a symbol that lest the wearer/weilder empower a Construct which Surrounds the wearer/weilder, like a suite of armor.

How would you go about constructing something like that inside the rules frame work.

I figure either go shamanic, adding "bears strength, eagles sight, salmons wisdom..." and so on, or actually simulate a creature of legend, a jann, or a winged knight, or what ever. Possibly something Hindu, with extra arms and a blue skin tone. Any sugestions, rule wise?

I think your best bet would be to take Marked By Power and Human Form affecting whatever powers are thematic for the diety in question.

Offline DFJunkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Possibly something Hindu, with extra arms and a blue skin tone.

Well you could be a scion of one of the Hindu gods.  A quick perusal of the Infallible Wikipedia™ indicates that the concept of an avatar comes from Hinduism, so your character could also be the avatar of one of the Hindu deities.  From Shiva's page it seems his avatars have run the gamut from real people (Adi Shankara) to gods in their own right (Hanuman,) so an avatar would be well within the power level of a DFRPG game.
90% of what I say is hyperbole intended for humorous effect.  Don't take me seriously. I don't.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
There was an interesting side plot in the Simon R Green novel called Just Another Judgment Day - when holy warriors fight, do their gods decide who win?

The loser decided that it wasn't his god who lost, but him.  That since he was fighting his opponent for personal glory and not for the honor of his god that his deity had stepped aside, forcing the holy warrior to lose to teach him humility.

Why mention this? If there are holy warriors in your game from multiple faith then you (and your players) should work out what happens when those faiths clash.

Because they will.

Richard