Author Topic: DFRPG Character Calculator & Sheet (LibreOffice/OpenOffice Spreadsheet)  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Character Calculator & Sheet (LibreOffice/OpenOffice Spreadsheet)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 06:30:37 AM »
Downloaded it, tried it.

It's mostly quite impressive, but there are bugs.

Won't bother to elaborate, since the excel version is going to get fixed anyway.

Might try getting LibreOffice for this.

PS: You aren't slacking, Buzzard. You're working much harder than most on this board simply by virtue of doing something.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
OO seems to work just fine for me.  However I think something might be wrong with the Focus Item calculator.  I tried putting in a focus item that gives me a offensive control and a defensive control bonus on the backend sheet.  When I was looking at the background sheet it read '+1 off. control, +1 Def Power' instead of 'Def Control'. 
Fixed.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »
Thanks Tsunami.  It is an awesome tool.  I experimented with it most of the afternoon yesterday and love it.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
One thing to add to the wish list of things I want/love in a character sheet is a place to attach a picture/s.  I don't know how much work it would be, but I would love it if that could be included.  If ti is to much the oh well it is still a cool generator.  I already have a bunch of NPC's and my character's stats in the format and love it.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
One thing to add to the wish list of things I want/love in a character sheet is a place to attach a picture/s.  I don't know how much work it would be, but I would love it if that could be included.

I'll look into it.
It'll be easy enough to add it into the spreadsheet. Finding room for it on the printouts will be more complicated... it might require an additional page, but a whole page just for a picture might be a bit much... We'll see.
If ti is to much the oh well it is still a cool generator.  I already have a bunch of NPC's and my character's stats in the format and love it.
Glad you like it. It's nice to see it put to good use.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
I was looking to and it does seem a little tight on the existing pages.  If yo can't then so be it - I did not mean for it to be a lot of work.  If you do/want to decide to make another page a list for some mundane equipment might be nice.  It definitely would not take a whole page - as equipment and gadgets are not the focus of the DFRPG - but for mortal characters especially it would be nice to have a place to list guns, vehicles, and etc that they might have and use regularly. 

Just a suggestion, I don to want it to become to unwieldy to be useful.  On the other hand mortals and non magicusers will not be using the magic sheet.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
Sorry me again.  If you do go with another page along with equipment you could have a notes section for things about your character but do not actually fit into other parts of character creation.  A character with high scholarship might want to put down his degrees or universities attended, or other miscellaneous facts. Sorry to make more work for you - if you don't want to do it then don't, it is still a great sheet.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
Ok, here we go.
I've updated the Sheet.

The Magic Output now has its own sheet. It's no longer together with the Background.

Added a "more Info Sheet". (this is where the space for a picture is)
-As of now this has no functionality other than being a sheet to type in stuff and print it out.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 10:06:47 PM »
Thanks, sorry to be such pain.  I will take a look at it later tonight.