Author Topic: Hardback or Softback  (Read 8509 times)

Offline 13x13

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Slacker by Birth, Genius by Choice
Hardback or Softback
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »
Wondering how it will be printed. I'm assuming there will be a PDF available, but I enjoy being able to handle the actual product...without printing it up myself. 

I prefer hardback, and am willing to pay for it if that is an option.

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
  • Elve's they taste like chicken
    • View Profile
Re: Hardback or Softback
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:07:10 AM »
Well I have spirit of the century in soft back and i find it a bit more easy to handle and for some reason i don't mind taking a highlighter to a soft back just weird that way.   oh and with the exception of trying to print the pdf at home which will drain my ink cartridge at least once so i'm looking and burning one and getting another so say 50 bucks in cartridges, I looked into what it would cost to print it out at a officemax and it's cheaper to buy the book again.  about 40 bucks black and white and 380 bucks -/+ for color.  And i know it's in black and white but i'm trying to prove a point lol.
Spirit of the Century Character, Mike "The Cashier" Green aka Cash Green
Holding "The Tommygun of Holy Vengance"

Offline finarvyn

• Conversationalist
  • White Knight of Chicago
    • View Profile
    • OD&D Discussion
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »
I have SotC in hardback and to me it was worth it.

I plan on buying DFRPG in hardback as well.  ;D
Marv / Finarvyn
Greater Warden of Chicago
Dresden Files RPG Playtester
I support Colonial Gothic and Thousand Suns
OD&D Player since 1975

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »
Well I have spirit of the century in soft back and i find it a bit more easy to handle and for some reason i don't mind taking a highlighter to a soft back just weird that way.   oh and with the exception of trying to print the pdf at home which will drain my ink cartridge at least once so i'm looking and burning one and getting another so say 50 bucks in cartridges, I looked into what it would cost to print it out at a officemax and it's cheaper to buy the book again.  about 40 bucks black and white and 380 bucks -/+ for color.  And i know it's in black and white but i'm trying to prove a point lol.
That where you use your works office printer to print it at 3 am. ;)
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Samldanach

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
oh and with the exception of trying to print the pdf at home which will drain my ink cartridge at least once so i'm looking and burning one and getting another so say 50 bucks in cartridges, I looked into what it would cost to print it out at a officemax and it's cheaper to buy the book again.  about 40 bucks black and white and 380 bucks -/+ for color.

And this is why I never understand why people buy PDFs to print out.  If that's the only way the material comes, and you prefer to kill trees, then I guess that's understandable.  But, if a dead tree version is available, you might as well take advantage of it.  Personally, I love PDFs for two reasons.  One, I have a LOT more room on my hard drive, than on my bookshelf.  Two, you can search them.

Offline caynreth

• Posty McPostington
  • sing, dance, start a revolution!
    • View Profile
    • my personal Pampered Chef website
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:19 PM »
I prefer hardback. Holds up to being passed around a gaming group better.
"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tiffanyragland