Author Topic: Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!  (Read 288823 times)

Offline Cheesepusher

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Shirt Quotes: Buy Dresden Stuff!
« Reply #675 on: August 03, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
I'd love to see a lot of these quotes on shirts. I wish I could find a place around here that prints off stuff for shirts since I'm a bigger guy and I'd totally love to wear a Dresden Shirt. Also, I know I'm a bit juvenile, but are there any talks in toys? because my transformers Darth Vader, Vash the Stampede, and Sephiroth figures wouldn't mind having certain Wizard standing next to them above my T.V.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ejchristian86

• Conversationalist
  • can cast her own silver bullets in a pinch.
    • View Profile
    • Little Spoon Cupcakes
« Reply #676 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:40 PM »
Hey hey, they're not TOYS. They're collectible poseable miniatures. For grownups.
DV ejchristian86 v1.2 YR1.5 FR1 BK+++ RP JB TH++ WG+ CL++ SW++++ BC+++ MC+++++ SH[Murphy+++, Molly ----] FF-- MS+++

GLaDOS: Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 03, 2011, 07:11:04 PM »
Let's face it folks, they're action figures - and we love them. ::)

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 03, 2011, 07:30:30 PM »
I'd love to see a lot of these quotes on shirts. I wish I could find a place around here that prints off stuff for shirts since I'm a bigger guy and I'd totally love to wear a Dresden Shirt.

Same here. I have some T-shirt transfers and am going to try making my own, but I am even having a hard time finding plain old cotton T-shirts (or 50/50 cotton/polyester) in my size. I believe you can use vinyl letters from a company called Cricut, but you have to have a special machine.

I could possibly make you a shirt if mine comes out successfully. Would you be interested?

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:47 PM »
no no no...they're "collectibles" and one day will be worth a LOT of money and you'll be rich!  *nods lots*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline JEdward

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Shirt Quotes
« Reply #680 on: August 03, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »
how bout "I answer the thrice and done. Bite. Me."

"So that would make me right, and YOU_____"

and if you're going to do SPLATTERCON!!! shirts we need one with Harry's name tag "an innovcent victim" and one with Rawlins "an authority figure"

and this isn't a qoute but what about "I got bitten at Biancas" ?

"Every one else who lets me ride their dinosaur calls me "

How about the Blue Beetle, and under it:  My other car is a 65 million year old zombie T-Rex.

Offline Cheesepusher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 03, 2011, 10:55:58 PM »
Same here. I have some T-shirt transfers and am going to try making my own, but I am even having a hard time finding plain old cotton T-shirts (or 50/50 cotton/polyester) in my size. I believe you can use vinyl letters from a company called Cricut, but you have to have a special machine.

I could possibly make you a shirt if mine comes out successfully. Would you be interested?

I'd definitely be interested, let me know how it comes out.

And we demand a Dresden Collectable Action Figure with a Bob the Skull alarm clock with sexually suggestive phrases!!!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:17 AM »
I'd love to see a lot of these quotes on shirts. I wish I could find a place around here that prints off stuff for shirts since I'm a bigger guy and I'd totally love to wear a Dresden Shirt. Also, I know I'm a bit juvenile, but are there any talks in toys? because my transformers Darth Vader, Vash the Stampede, and Sephiroth figures wouldn't mind having certain Wizard standing next to them above my T.V.

Try Cafepress - you can get stuff made up in larger sizes with your own design.  They do the printing and all the hard stuff - you just need to come up with the design.  Accordingly JB says you can make one or two shirts for yourself but not a lot for sale.  At least I think that's the way it is.  You probably should doublecheck with one of the mods they would know better.

Offline delenntoo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 06, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »
Accordingly JB says you can make one or two shirts for yourself but not a lot for sale.  At least I think that's the way it is.  You probably should doublecheck with one of the mods they would know better.

Oh, that's good to know! Now I have to decide on pictures or quotes ... or maybe both.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 06, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »
Oh, that's good to know! Now I have to decide on pictures or quotes ... or maybe both.

Need to correct that.  It's a couple for yourself but none for sale.  Again, double check with one of the mods.
Or it was mentioned on one of the threads - possibly this one but you're gonna have to wade through all the pages to find it.  Sorry to not be of more help.

Offline loadwatergun

• Participant
  • Currently on Small Favor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:02 AM »
This may sound cheesy and simple, but when i first started reading the series. I wanted a black shirt with white writing that read

Harry Dresden.

( Wizard. )

And that was it. I didn't give a crap if no one got it. I would. Now that i'm deeper into the series .... i realize that inside the parentheses .... there would be more than just wizard. I still want that shirt, though.

Offline WiseAss

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 29, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
How about a picture of a burning building with the quote "Trust me I know burning buildings."

Offline nickh0801

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Shirt Quotes
« Reply #687 on: August 30, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Yup!  Of course, the version I wore to the con is slightly different from the version available in the store.   In the store version, the "SplatterCon!!!" text is a different color from the shirt itself (making it more legible at a distance--good call, Fred), and it also has the fun "Property of Jim Butcher" text on the back.  Also, the store version is a lot more washer-safe than mine, as I hand-painted it using a homemade stencil. :D

For Daoine: I wasn't happy with the images of me in my costume at the Con, so here's one I took in my dorm, out of makeup:

You ma'am, are a Total Hottie Molly!!!  ;)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
Would you like to see Jurassic Dresden on one of http://riptapparel.com/ 's shirts?  Then head on over to RIPT's Facebook and Like my design!

Here!--> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150231967381704&set=a.10150231965936704.315670.67259481703&type=1&theater

If the design gets enough support they'll use it in August (hopefully).

Thanks guys for whoring me out! *SO EXCITED*

Will we ever get to see this?  I'm checking daily...

Offline GillyPerkyGoth

• Participant
  • Cake or Death?!
    • View Profile
    • GillyHathaway.com
« Reply #689 on: September 07, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
Will we ever get to see this?  I'm checking daily...

Good question. Stupid RIPT and Teefury keep leaving me hanging.
I poke badgers with spoons.