Author Topic: Telepathy - 3rd law violation or not?  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Telepathy - 3rd law violation or not?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »
The concept of linking two things is an old one in D&D. Let's not get our vision too narrow here.

Well granted, they have all sorts of stuff like that.  It's older than D&D even.  I only meant the Sword of Truth series had books where you wrote in one and it appeared in the other.  That's probably older than those books two, but I don't know another source of that off-hand.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Telepathy - 3rd law violation or not?
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
Well granted, they have all sorts of stuff like that.  It's older than D&D even.  I only meant the Sword of Truth series had books where you wrote in one and it appeared in the other.  That's probably older than those books two, but I don't know another source of that off-hand.

IIRC it was called a "journey book" or something like that between the head of the sorceresses and Sister Verna.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.