Author Topic: List Compiling: Consequences  (Read 17831 times)

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
Re: List Compiling: Consequences
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 04:04:31 AM »
I've got one that I've been itching to use:

Severe: A sucking chest wound (is the GM's way of telling you to slow down)
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 04:27:24 AM »
Updated the list

Social

Mild

Tongue-tied; Embarrassed; What's Wrong With Me Today?; What an Idiot!; Intimidated; Going Off Half-Cocked; Gullible; Unkempt; Watchful Eye of the Law;Awkward, Looking Weak, Reluctantly Impressed, Stuttering, Blushing, Annoyed

Moderate

Nothing Comes Out Right; Introverted; Antisocial; Leave Me Alone, I Need My Space; Party Foul; Clearly Out of My Depth; Mouth Writing Checks My Body Can't Cash; Taking This Out on the Next Person I See; Glum; Unclean; In the Doghouse with my [significant other]; Wanted for Questioning, Scared For My Life, Totally Misguided, Seeing Your Point All Too Well, Enraged

Severe

Everybody's Talking About It; I Hate People Right Now; Office Pariah; Nobody's Talking to Me; Roll Over and Give Up; Depressed; Serious, Self-Neglect; Marital Strife; Suspect Number One, Serious Self-Doubt, My Secret's Out, Kneeling Before Zod

Extreme:

Scandal!; Not the Cover Story I Was Hoping For; I'm So Alone; Thoughts of Suicide; *Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; All Doors are Closed to Me; Getting a Divorce; On the Police's 'Usual Suspects' List; Kicked Out of the Yacht Club

Mental

Mild

Headache; Distracted; Forgetful; Missing Some Facts; Not Connecting the Dots Well Today, Odd twitch, Weird/Dark thoughts, A bit tamed, My head hurts

Moderate

Gullible; Not Thinking Things Through; I Can't Keep My Mind Off of [insert event]; Can't Concentrate; Mind Racing; Mentally Checked Out; Haunted; Insomnia; Restless, Weakened Control, Must.. Not.. Obey, The world is spinning

Severe

Dependent Upon [insert name] for Guidance; Beginning to See Patterns in Everything; Paranoid; Not Really Here Right Now; I Can't Sleep Until I Figure This Out, (insert name here)'s got a hold on me, I.. feel.. numb, Why keep fighting?

Extreme

Crippling Visions; Mental Breakdown; *Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; *Personality Schism; Devil on my Shoulder; *Paranoid Schizophrenia, My mind goes to the shadows, Mental Scars

Physical

Mild

Bell Rung; Off-Balance; Dizzy; Bloody Nose; Sprained Joint; Cold/Flu, Bruised Knuckle, Frostbitten, That Hurts!, Cut, Grazed, Bleeding, Bruised, fat lip, sore, sprained, winded, tired, banged up, looks worse than it really is, wincing

Moderate

Bleeding; I Think I Fractured Something; Mild Concussion; Food Poisoning, Pulled My Back, Dislocated Shoulder, Broken Nose , Cracked Ribs, Concussion,  tasting blood, can't wear that any more, shouldn't be walking on that, making a mess, ragged breathing, don't touch me there, partly blinded, partly deafened, cussing

Severe

State of Shock; Broken Leg; Severe Blood Loss; Head Wound; Serious Concussion; Hypothermia; Heart Attack, External Internal Organs, There's A Hole In Me, Crushed Ribcage, Bent the wrong way, Bloody Mess, is that bone showing, Crippling Pain, Internal Bleeding, Hemorrhaging, picking up teeth, can't walk on that, holding it shut, gasping for air, punch drunk, tunnel vision, moaning agony

Extreme

Where's My Arm?; Coma; Serious Disease; I'll Never Play the Guitar Again; Hooked on Pain Pills; Stroke, I Can't Find My Eyes, Wheelchair-Bound, Disfiguring Scars, Legless, Armless, Slit Vocal Cords, Hamstrung, Lost a Lung

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 04:29:45 AM »
Updated the list

You are allowed to go back and update your original list, or place this list in your first post. You aren't obligated to keep reposting the list new each time - when you Modify an entry and someone clicks the "New" button, they will go straight to your updated entry.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 04:30:50 AM »
I've got one that I've been itching to use:

Severe: A sucking chest wound (is the GM's way of telling you to slow down)
Your ID card drops it to moderate, right?  :)
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 04:41:04 AM »
Your ID card drops it to moderate, right?  :)

I was just remembering the RPG-themed riff that someone did off of Murphy's Laws Of Combat.  "Tracer rounds work both ways."  "The three most useless things to a pilot: the hundred feet of altitude, the tenth of a second ago, and the runway behind you."  Things like that.
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »
You are allowed to go back and update your original list, or place this list in your first post. You aren't obligated to keep reposting the list new each time - when you Modify an entry and someone clicks the "New" button, they will go straight to your updated entry.

If I only had a brain........

I'll update the one on the first page hehe

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
I've been thinking that mental represents your long-term emotional state as well as your ability to process. Therefore:

Mild: Irritable, Hurt, Reckless,
Moderate: Angry, Sad, Crazy,
Severe: Cold/violent fury, Deep depression, Maniac,
Extreme: Does not play well with others, M1 Regular, Look out he's got a knife!,

I'll add more if I can think of em. Of note if the middle extreme doesn't make sense to you M1 is the term for a psychiatric hold when someone is a danger to themselves (maybe others too, I don't remember).

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
Add extreme: Stockholm's Syndrom to the list. On mental.

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:38 AM »
Add extreme: Stockholm's Syndrom to the list. On mental.

Added!

Offline Eunomiac

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
(I got the necro'ing warning on this, but honestly, compiling a consequences list is a good thing to necro!)

Severe Mental: Time In Heaven Taught Me Earth Is Hell
Extreme Mental*:  Lost-My-Soul Sociopath; Locked-In Syndrome

* on PCs, these truly harsh ones are meant as hooks for adventures to trigger "recovery", e.g., an Inception-style trek through an ally's dream to rescue him from Locked-In Syndome
** bonus points for figuring out which TV shows I got two of these from ;)

Extreme Physical:  Body-Switch; Withered To Old Age; Imperfect "Resurrection"; Irradiated

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 05:56:25 PM »
The more I think about it the more I think this ought to go to the resources sub so we don't have to necro it.

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Added to the list

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
We already have an aspect list on the Resources board. Do you think we could merge this with it?

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
Extreme Mental*:  Lost-My-Soul Sociopath; Locked-In Syndrome

** bonus points for figuring out which TV shows I got two of these from ;)

Oh how I love
(click to show/hide)
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »

Love Supernatural as well but I believe this is from Buffy. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/