Author Topic: Great NPC ideas  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Great NPC ideas
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:52 AM »
I think it would be fun to post some great ideas for NPCs.  I shall start with something my group came up with last night (we're composing a new campaign).

Carlos Equis, The Most Interesting Man* in the World (Yes, based on the guy in the Dos Equis commercials)
Red Court Vampire

We came up with him as the leader of the Red Court Vampires trying to take over the Brewery District in St. Louis (location aspect is "Stay Thirsty, My Friends")

*We use the term loosely.

No statblock for him, since he's just an NPC concept of course, but I don't think statblocks are really needed (they are fairly easy to do...good ideas are harder to come by).

(Maybe there's already a threat with people posting great NPC ideas as a resource, but I didn't see one on the latest two pages).

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Great NPC ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »
There is a pre-existing thread in the resources section above. I'm sure Sanctaphrax might appreciate any ideas you have.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:34:13 AM »
I certainly would. Although my thread is more intended for NPCs without much individuality.

This board has about half a dozen threads for characters, each slightly different. It's a total mess. So while this thread is not entirely new, it isn't exactly a duplication either. In retrospect, "Generic NPCs" was too limited a topic. Should have called it "NPCs".

It would be great to have a single thread for characters, but the amount of work involved would be enormous so it probably won't happen.

Anyway, I like Carlos Equis. I'll post the NPCs from my play-by-post game as soon as it won't be a spoiler for my players.

I feel kinda bad about contributing to the glut of character threads, but oh well.

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:24:12 AM »
In retrospect, "Generic NPCs" was too limited a topic. Should have called it "NPCs".

It's not too late - you could still opt to re-title the thread, couldn't you?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:51:41 AM »
I suppose I could do that, but it's been Generic NPCs for quite some time and it seems to work well that way. Plus, I don't want to step on the toes of other threads like this one.

Also, I don't know how to change a thread title.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Great NPC ideas - or something
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:34:07 AM »
Edit the first message in the thread.  Change the subject line.  All the replies until this point will have the original subject after the "re:", the rest will have the new one.

Back on topic, we could outline various servants of the Fae.  I did a couple of Santa's Helpers in detail but there are countless myths we could touch on and give an outline for NPCs.

The Shoemaker's Apprentice - that could have promise.

Richard