Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 133060 times)

Offline PadawanWizard

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
This is a really great thread!  I really like reading everyone's theries.  The few I will ship are:
Eliane = Kamori
Injun Joe = Cowl (we know that some people we think are good will be bad and this is jst to good to pass up)
I have seen it tossed up that Lara is now part of the BC, I will totally disagree with this one just based on her position in the Oblivian War, the BC goals are to agianst what she would be fighting for.  Also I don't think the Ferifax(sp?) is part of the BC, all the gifts at the party where from the BC and had some kind of negitive conitations to them for the recipiants, I think he is to poweful of a being to want to play with them so they wanted to try and negate him for the future.

I think Molly bearing one of the swords is a good posibility based on Harry's Soul gaze of her.  We know Luccio can't make warden swords anymore so what sword did she have?

And to wrap this up for now the last couple of posts, Harry is a Wizard, not  vanilla mortal his dad was just a normal human being who was able to Love Harry's mother no matter what he knew about her and that's what saved her from Hell.

Cheers all and keep up the great work!

Offline PearlJam

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »
I think the most irritating ones for me are the fate of Fidelacchius and Amorrachius. I thought for sure that after the changes/Ghost Story section Murphy would end up with Fidelacchius at least, and I still haven't given up on that possiblilty. Also, I think that the "other side" mentioned was probably demons and/or hell. As for how they cheated, Ghost Story makes it pretty clear. They whispered lies into Harry's ear to influence him in the wrong direction, and in doing so they broke the rules of guiding and interacting with the flow of people's lives.

Offline PearlJam

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
Specific Characters, Places, and Objects

Harry and Lash (I'm treating Lash as a separate entity from Lasciel)
-What to people see when they soulgaze Harry?
-Who calmed Harry down outside Victor’s house?
-Who hit Harry’s car?*
-Who cast the spell that stopped Harry from entering the screening room?
-What are the special circumstances of Harry’s birth and their ramifications?
-Is Lash really dead?
-Why did Uriel give Harry soulfire?
-Why did Harry find Demonreach familiar, and what role will it play in his future?
-What is the mantle Ebenezer is considering for Harry?*
-Who killed Harry/had Harry killed?
-What will be Harry’s new relationship with Mab?
-Why is Odin helping Harry?
-Whose female voice does Harry hear at the end?
-What is causing Harry’s headaches?
-Why did Mouse choose Harry?

Molly
-Why is Winter (Lea) so interested in Molly?
-Why did Mab bring Molly into Arctis Tor?
-Who set Molly up at Splattercon!!!?
-Is Molly going to go warlock?
-What will happen to Molly now that Harry is presumed dead?

Maggie Sr. and Malcolm Dresden
-What relationship did Lea have with Maggie Sr?
-How did Malcolm Dresden die?
-Who/What was Malcolm Dresden?*
-What does Martha Liberty know about Maggie Sr.?
-Why was Maggie Sr. with Lord Raith?
-With what did Ebenezer trust Maggie Sr.?
-Why was Maggie Sr. going to Hell, and how did she escape?*
-How was Maggie Sr. connected to the Outsiders?
-How was Maggie Sr. connected to Nicodemus?

Mab and Winter
-Why is Winter so interested in Molly?
-Why does Mab want Harry as her Knight?
-Why did Mab bring Molly into Arctis Tor?
-What happened in the attack on Arctis Tor?
-How did Mab cure Lea of the Athame’s influence?
-Has the Athame affected Mab?
-How was Mab wounded?
-What was Mab’s goal in interfering?
-What will be Harry’s new relationship with Mab?
-How did Bob get on Mab’s bad side?*

Lea and the Athame
-What relationship did Lea have with Maggie Sr.?
-What is the Athame, and why did Bianca give it to Lea?
-Why did Lea burn Thomas when she kissed him?
-What exactly did the Athame do to Lea?
-What deal with Lea make with Odin?
-How did Odin and Lea manipulate the events of Changes?
-Who held the athame before Bianca?

Demonreach
-Where does Demonreach correspond to in the Nevernever?
-Why did Harry find Demonreach familiar, and what role will it play in his future?
-What was the shack on Demonreach, who built it, and how/why did it repel Shagnasty?
-How was/is the (singular) Warden associated with Demonreach?
-How is the Gatekeeper associated with Demonreach?

Titania and Aurora
-What caused Aurora to go mad?
-What is the relationship between Titania, Lily, and Fix?
-Why did Titania send the Gruffs after Harry?

The Gatekeeper
-Why is the Gatekeeper helping Harry?
-What exactly is the Gatekeeper’s job?
-How does the Gatekeeper’s prescience work, and how powerful is it?
-How is the Gatekeeper associated with Demonreach?

Marcone and Persephone
-What is Marcone’s real name?
-Why is Vadderung helping Marcone?
-What is going to happen to Persephone?
-How much influence does Marcone now have in the supernatural world?

Odin
-Why is Odin helping Marcone?
-Why is Odin helping Hary?
-How did Odin and Lea manipulate the events of Changes?

Ebenezer and the Blackstaff
-What was Kincaid’s previous experience with Ebenezer?
-What is the mantle Ebenezer is considering for Harry?*
-How/from whom did the White Council get the Blackstaff?

Cowl and Kumori
-Who are Cowl and Kumori?
-What were Cowl and Kumori doing at Bianca’s party?
-How did Cowl know about Bob?
-How is Cowl associated with the Red Court?
-Was Cowl the one to summon the Outsiders in Dead Beat?
-How did Cowl survive the failed Darkhallow?
-Why is Cowl working with the White Court dissenters?
-Why does Cowl have command of the super-ghouls?

Others
-Who/What is Mac?
-Why was Ferrovax at Bianca’s party, and what did he receive?
-Who are the Jade Court Vampires, and what are they doing?
-Who is Drakul, and is he involved?
-How is Lord Raith protected from magic, and does it have to do with his red earring?
-Who/What is Kincaid, and what does Harry's Sight vision of him signify?
-How did Mavra get the pictures of Murphy?
-What were the Merlin’s three plans to wipe out the Red court?
-How powerful/what exactly is Mouse, and why did he choose Harry?
-Why did Mavra want The Word of Kemmler?
-Is Corpsetaker still alive?*
-Who was/were Lasciel's previous host(s), and were they significant?
-What is the relationship between the Swords and royal blood?*
-Why did Nicodemus have Lasciel's coin, when Lasciel does not traditionally work with Anduriel?
-Who did Morgan lose in the attack on Archangel?

These two are not so mysterious. First, Mouse is a Foo-Dog, a crossbreed of an Ice Demon and a regular dog. As for why he chose Harry it is more speculation, but is probably that when he met Harry he probably felt a kindred spirit and a power of some sort that made him like Harry.

Second, Nicodemus tells Harry straightforward that he had Lasciel's coin because he felt like she was a good fit for Harry, and since he was expecting to find a way to make Harry pick it up he had it with him for when the opportunity arose.

Offline fish321

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2012, 04:31:16 AM »
We know that Kincaid is a scion. The son of some nevernever being and a human. He is not a changeling. No faerie. We do not know what that nevernever being was and it might be interesting.

I don't believe ive ever posted on this site before but i do lurk on it all the time and feel its time to throw a crazy, off the cuff, no facts to back it up whatsoever theory out there. Granted i have no where near the talent of ms. Ducks who seems to come up with new genius theories all the time but Ill enjoy making up an answer to this anyway. Kincaid is going to end up being the son of the erlking and....dresdens grandmother. She was captured by Erl during a hunt and held captive. She bore him a son before Eb rescued her but by then the child had already been taken away. Later Eb meets Kincaid, realizes who he is, and gives him a chance to prove himself without telling him that he knows his mother. Later kincaid kills his mother for leaving him (doesnt Eb tell Harry something like you dont know what he has done?) And Eb has hated him ever since.

Why the Erlking you ask? No reason, just seemed more interesting than saying random scary nevernever creature. Ive got nothing to back this up but it is a storyline i would enjoy so i shared.
Wile E. Coyote.....Suuuuuuper genius

Offline fish321

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »
You know id like to take a stab at the " Why are Jack and Carmichael in chicagotory?" Question. Could it be related to the fact that they were both killed while fighting the supernatural, both cops, and so both recruited by Uriel to join a group involved with supernatural related deaths? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jack didnt really suicide, he was head of the black cats and maybe some mojo was involved with his death so Uriel snags him as a logical agent.

Carmichael died as the result of supernatural interference, he was on si and he died trying to save murphy so again Uriel should have interest in him and even Jack would probably want him around.

Lots of cops probably get killed as a result of running into something supernatural and that could create a pool of possible recruits for Uriel. Take it a step further and maybe some "sin" on their souls would have sent them to hell despite the fact that they were trying to "fight the good fight" and by doing this Uriel is giving them a chance to move on up instead of down.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2012, 05:47:07 AM »
I don't believe ive ever posted on this site before but i do lurk on it all the time and feel its time to throw a crazy, off the cuff, no facts to back it up whatsoever theory out there. Granted i have no where near the talent of ms. Ducks who seems to come up with new genius theories all the time but Ill enjoy making up an answer to this anyway. Kincaid is going to end up being the son of the erlking and....dresdens grandmother. She was captured by Erl during a hunt and held captive. She bore him a son before Eb rescued her but by then the child had already been taken away. Later Eb meets Kincaid, realizes who he is, and gives him a chance to prove himself without telling him that he knows his mother. Later kincaid kills his mother for leaving him (doesnt Eb tell Harry something like you dont know what he has done?) And Eb has hated him ever since.

Why the Erlking you ask? No reason, just seemed more interesting than saying random scary nevernever creature. Ive got nothing to back this up but it is a storyline i would enjoy so i shared.

He's a Scion, not a changeling.

And we know that Kincaid is centuries older than Ebenezar.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline fish321

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
How dare you use known facts to punch holes in my whimsical theory. Eh well back to the drawing board

Offline Oirthir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 20, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
so if Kincaid is a Scion, doesn't that make Harry a Scion as well?

"What's the point of shooting if you're just going to miss?" He smiled, made a mime-gun of his thumb and index finger, and aimed at me. His thumb fell forward and he said, "I'm as human as you are, Dresden. I'll see you later." (Blood Rites)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »
so if Kincaid is a Scion, doesn't that make Harry a Scion as well?

"What's the point of shooting if you're just going to miss?" He smiled, made a mime-gun of his thumb and index finger, and aimed at me. His thumb fell forward and he said, "I'm as human as you are, Dresden. I'll see you later." (Blood Rites)

Oh hell no.

"Just plain folk?"

"Yeah"

"Not supernatural?"

"I wish, Vanilla mortal."

"You're a liar."

"Excuse me?"

"I said you're a liar. I saw you during the fight at Wrigley, Kincaid. You fired a dozen shots, on the move and dodging bad guys the whole time."

"What's so supernatural about that?"

"In a fight, just plain folks miss sometimes. Maybe most times. You didn't miss once."

"What's the point of shooting if you're just going to miss? I'm as human as you are, Dresden. I'll see you later." 

Kincaid was insisting that he was a vanilla mortal for the entire scene, he was effectively saying "you're human and I'm human as well" when he said that.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Oirthir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
Oh hell no.

Kincaid was insisting that he was a vanilla mortal for the entire scene, he was effectively saying "you're human and I'm human as well" when he said that.

I know it's probably soft, any theory based on any fact other than a WOJ or the word given in text from a being who is known to be unable to lie is subject to colouration as it is seen and heard through the eyes and ears of one Harry Dresden.  Conversations held with other characters may similarly contain  obfuscation and misdirection if not outright lies.

I take it that we read that passage entirely differently:

“... You're a liar”
“Excuse me?”
“I said you're a liar. I saw you fight at Wrigley, Kincaid. You fired a dozen shots, on the move and dodging bad guys the whole time."

This I took to mean that everything before Harry called Kincaid a liar to be false, Kincaid does not deny the lie, he redirects.  When he says he's just as human as Dresden is, I take this to be the only true statement he makes in the conversation, if for no other reason than that is the way I'd do it for dramatic flair – it makes for good storytelling (plus, Kincaid is a prick, I could see him saying something like this just to say “I told you so” later).  If I’m right about Kincaid's statements in Blood Rights, then: if Kincaid is a scion (which defines him as not fully human) Harry must in turn have something unnatural in his bloodline.  Unless I have evidence either of Harry's family tree or a WOJ saying I'm wrong, then 2 of four possible cases for this argument are equal.

1.) Harry and Kincaid are both not fully Human  {x}
2.) Harry is fully human and Kincaid is not        {x}
3.) Both Harry and Kincaid are fully human
4.) Harry is not fully human, but Kincaid is

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
I think we are reading too much in this. We know what Kincaid and Harry are and wether you think they are human is just a matter of definition. Neither is vanilla mortal.

Kincaid is just telling Harry to stop questioning and mind his own bussiness. Harry as the social sensitive person he is totally ignores that. Kincaid uses the opportunity to have some fun. He actually has a sense of humor.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »
He's a Scion, not a changeling.

And we know that Kincaid is centuries older than Ebenezar.
I thought a changeling was a specific type of scion.  Is my interpretation of a scion incorrect?

Supernatural creature + mortal = scion
Faerie + mortal = changeling
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline asetti

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »
"Why did Lea burn Thomas when she kissed him?"

Hmmmm...Think her madness was love?  White Court Vampires are burned by people who are protected by Love (who had sex with both parties being in love).  Wouldn't a Fae being in love be against their very nature?  Wonder if it was Harry's Father!

Could that be what incurred the debt for Lea she traded Maggie's (sr) love for protection for her son and husband at her death?  Part of that was love for Harry (mother to child) and harry's father.  That would explain why Lea sees harry as her child (godchild).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:32:31 PM by asetti »
The death rate is the same for us as for anybody ... one person, one death, sooner or later.
Tunnel in the Sky (1955), Captain Helen Walker, Ch. 2

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2012, 11:44:20 PM »
I thought a changeling was a specific type of scion.  Is my interpretation of a scion incorrect?

Supernatural creature + mortal = scion
Faerie + mortal = changeling

They're similar but not the same, Scions generally are either deformed or insane with a few ending up human-like IIRC, Changelings appear to consistently (or at least, no mentions of most of them dying young).

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 22, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »
"Why did Lea burn Thomas when she kissed him?"

Hmmmm...Think her madness was love?  White Court Vampires are burned by people who are protected by Love (who had sex with both parties being in love).  Wouldn't a Fae being in love be against their very nature?  Wonder if it was Harry's Father!

Could that be what incurred the debt for Lea she traded Maggie's (sr) love for protection for her son and husband at her death?  Part of that was love for Harry (mother to child) and harry's father.  That would explain why Lea sees harry as her child (godchild).

Lea's nature is to fall in love with creative mortals, feed their passion for their art so they are driven to perform better and more beautifully, maybe drink a little of their blood, and let them die an early death. It's possible that that love she feels for them and the love they feel for her is pure and true, even if it is something of a devils bargain.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.