Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 132304 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »
Looks like we all got our text recall wrong.  Thanks for straightening us out, LML!  I'll leave the question as it is for now- "Who was/were Lasciel's previous host(s), and were they significant?" because we still don't know, although it's not a particularly pressing question at the moment.  Actually, I'll add the question "Why did Nicodemus have Lasciel's coin?" to the list as well, since it was mentioned that Lasciel doesn't usually work with Anduriel.

Actually, the part that bothered me the most about Sheila (besides the fact that she turned out to not be real just when I was all ready for shipping!) was that she knew where the Earlking book was on the shelf, and that there were 2 copies but someone had bought one already. How did she know that, without Harry knowing?

She probably used Harry's eyes, and spotted the book.  Harry saw it, he just didn't notice it, the same way Lash was able to recreate Thomas' room in WN despite Harry not actually noting any detail.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Joefoe

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 03:09:22 AM »
and harry has noted that he had been in the cage  a few times recently

Offline Phaeton Seraph

• Conversationalist
  • Diogenes. With fricken laser beams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »
I had thought it was clear that Molly was taken to Arctic Tor so that Harry would assault it so that Mab could force her own hand back to where she wanted it, despite some outside influence, said outside influence being the reason she was so angry she had her kitty talking for her for so long....

Did you include the question of why Harry smelt Hellfire at Arctic Tor?

I'm better than a shirt.  I'm a sword....  Look, they're still breathing.   Stupid shirt.

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
We knew that Mab wanted Molly and Harry at Arctis Tor, but we don't really know why.  As for the Hellfire, I just have a broader question of who attacked Arctis Tor.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »
And why they attacked it.
The Denariians have to have been around long enough and clued in enough to know that attacking Mab/Arctis Tor would be a spectacularly bad idea.
(Granted, Harry et al. did it-- but they had the help of Summer. Explicitly. And the implicit support of Maeve.)

Maybe the Denariians thought they would have help from Summer?

Then there's the question about how deep the connection runs between the Courts-- yes, if one Court moves to Chicago, the other must follow, but that's fairly minor and superficial.  But what if one Queen becomes indebted or somehow restricted-- must the other becomes so as well?  If Mab goes nuts, does Titania go nuts as well? Is she obligated to at least act nuts?

Basically, if Mab is cut, does Titania bleed?  I would think not, because Summer has switched queens at least once and Winter has not (and because Maeve was unaffected by the change in Summer Lady).  On the other hand, however, it's a great piece of misdirection if we're all looking for who injured Mab, but the cause of the injury is actually something done to Titania.

Offline Shevik Muppet

• Participant
  • The important things don't need to be said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:37 AM »
One more:
What is it that Mab has against Bob? In GP Harry invivtes a reluctant Bob to return to the "homeland" though he doubts Mab will have forgiven Bob. Bob backs down fast, scared.

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 02:30:55 AM »
This is just a ridiculously long list of mysteries.  Btw, did we ever find out who gave the belts to the werewolves?
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:24 AM »
One more:
What is it that Mab has against Bob? In GP Harry invivtes a reluctant Bob to return to the "homeland" though he doubts Mab will have forgiven Bob. Bob backs down fast, scared.

this one may have been solved, then unsolved.

I remeber a quote from the orignal board, in which somone asked JIm, and he replied ' she found out he was having fun with three mortal sheppardesses'..but I can't find it. It got bandied a round a lot tho, so I think it may be correct.

either way, we may found out in the enxt book, as Bob is on the menu.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »
This is just a ridiculously long list of mysteries.  Btw, did we ever find out who gave the belts to the werewolves?

The DV is a mysterious place!  ;D 

So far, the general consensus has been that the Erlking is the most likely culprit for the hexenwulfen belts, but we're not sure.

One more:
I remeber a quote from the orignal board, in which somone asked JIm, and he replied ' she found out he was having fun with three mortal sheppardesses'..but I can't find it. It got bandied a round a lot tho, so I think it may be correct.

I think the question is already on the list, but I'll add an asterisk to it for now.
-the DM

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »
The DV is a mysterious place!  ;D 

So far, the general consensus has been that the Erlking is the most likely culprit for the hexenwulfen belts, but we're not sure.

ok, thanks.  That one's been bugging me, lol.
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:40 AM »
Thought of a new one- Who did Morgan lose in the attack on Archangel?
-the DM

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 05:49:06 AM »
I recently learned of the doctrine of the "wandering Jew", and came here to see what theories people may have connected to it.  I was surprised to find only two, but perhaps it's just that obscure.  

I'm not a religious person myself, and despite having read the bible, the attempted indoctrination of my childhood was not catholic, so I'd never heard of this odd bit of doctrine that states some random guy wandering by as Jesus spoke "verily I say unto you, there be some standing here which shall not taste of death till they see the son of man coming in his kingdom."(Matthew 16:28, echoed by Mark and Luke) has wandered the world ever since, unable to die.  While it seems plain to me that the line was given to inspire those listening (probably to revolution), the wandering Jew character had to be invented to preserve the idea of taking the bible as literal truth, especially in the case of Jesus-quotes.  

In the Dresdenverse, the "White God" may or may not be truly omnipotent, but the extension of life by supernatural means is possible enough, so it seems that such a figure would literally exist there, as improbable as he is for the real world.  He would be as vanilla as a mortal, apart from the inability to die, no matter how long he is around or what happens to him.  He could be, and likely has been at times, severely incapacitated, but given a world full of magic, even the most crippling injuries could be healed if the patient simply cannot die.  He'd also have a couple thousand years of knowledge.  

Mac, Kincaid, an as-yet unknown?

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 05:57:11 AM »
Interesting, but I don't think there's enough evidence to link anyone from the DF to the Wandering Jew or the Flying Dutchman or the like.  Partially because there are just so many ways to attain immortality/lengthened lifespan in the DV.  Maybe you should start another thread on the topic?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:01:26 AM by parthagenon »
-the DM

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 06:05:17 AM »
Added a couple more questions to Cowl:
-Was Cowl the summoner who used the Outsiders in Dead Beat?
-Why does Cowl have command over the super-ghouls?
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
My only thought on the wandering Jew is I thought he'd be taller.

with eight tentacles.

and near godlike power.

;D

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellWorld

( I know some of you prob arent old enough to get that, but a sci fi geek like JIm definatley would, and considering his love affair of throwing in refences to the books of his youth, Mac would be either much drunker or much much scarier.)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky