Author Topic: Jim's 2011 Schedule  (Read 58539 times)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2011 Schedule
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
Now let's not start comparing, or I'll have to tell you how my driving out to Columbia MO from NJ was MORE gas. ;D It's all relative - if you're cash-strapped, a few extra hours' driving IS a lot of gas.
Exactly.  I live very check to check so it would be a big deal for me to have to go to the other side of the state.  Anyone who can go the kind of distance you guys have for it has my respect that must have taken a hell of a lot of foresight.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 12:12:01 AM »
Exactly.  I live very check to check so it would be a big deal for me to have to go to the other side of the state.  Anyone who can go the kind of distance you guys have for it has my respect that must have taken a hell of a lot of foresight.

Yeah, either that or we're just dumbasses who can't be bothered to manage our money or plan for retirement.

Didn't mean to dis ya' Wiz. (I really just wanted to post something on this thread so I'd get updates  ;D)

And, yes, Sheckmeister, NJ to MO would be still more. I bow to your superior parsimony!  ;)

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
The KC event is on my calendar!  Hubby and kids have been told they'll be missing me that week.

Pris - is there a particular contact for the event?  If I'm reading correctly, the event is the evening of release day, and I'd like to see if we can get our books in advance... no way I could wait for it! :D

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
Unity Temple is a really nice place for a book signing.  I saw Bruce Campbell there and the set up is great for it.  Lots of seating, a good PA system and Rainy Day is great at getting the signing lines to move in a smooth manner.

And Bookie, the last time I went to one you could pick the books up a little before the start, but not much.  They just take the books to the place and hand them out with admission.  The store's number is (913) 384-3126 and they are very nice about customer service.

Offline Anyanka

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
Does he ever do signings outside the US cause England to America - that's a lot of gas ;)

... and a huge carbon footprint... and a holiday I really can't afford!

Offline semiautomage

• Conversationalist
  • Chekhov's meta-reference
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:01 PM »
Does he ever do signings outside the US cause England to America - that's a lot of gas ;)

Winner
"When you can see the colors of the feathers, you'll also understand how you can expand your borders to infinity."
Admiral Naismith

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:57 AM »
Can we get separate threads for these two dates so that we can start planning who is going to be where and when? I would, but it seems you can't add new topics to the calendar discussion threads.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Azmodel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »

Damnit Anyanka, you got in ahead of me (and on my first post too!!).

What really grips me is I was in Williamsburg on business the week after Jim was there in Jan and I only just realised!

Anyhoo, same question, does Jim tour outside CONUS? If not, would he be ammenable to a benevolent kidnapping by his Brit fanbase...?

Az.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Can we get separate threads for these two dates so that we can start planning who is going to be where and when? I would, but it seems you can't add new topics to the calendar discussion threads.

I was planning on adding all the tour dates to the calendar at once, but as I still don't have them, I went ahead and added the release party.  Not sure what the second date you're referring to is.

and

Anyhoo, same question, does Jim tour outside CONUS? If not, would he be ammenable to a benevolent kidnapping by his Brit fanbase...?

Jim doesn't travel well, so it's unlikely he'll be crossing any ponds.  He went to a con in Canada a while back, but I think that's as adventurous as he plans on being.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
Hopefully people keep posting videos of Jim appearances on youtube for the world to enjoy
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Azmodel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »

Jim doesn't travel well, so it's unlikely he'll be crossing any ponds.  He went to a con in Canada a while back, but I think that's as adventurous as he plans on being.

Och well, I'll just have to try and schedule another work-related outing at a more convenient date.

Starting to see why Harry really doesn't like getting on a plane now though ;)

::mental note add motion sickness tablets to cunning kidnap caper/plan/thingy...::

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 12:34:16 AM »
I was planning on adding all the tour dates to the calendar at once, but as I still don't have them, I went ahead and added the release party.  Not sure what the second date you're referring to is.

The other date i was referring to were from me being a good and not noticing that hte other events at the beginging of the thread had already happened. ;D Thanks for the release party thread though!
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Azmodel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
Och well, I'll just have to try and schedule another work-related outing at a more convenient date.

Starting to see why Harry really doesn't like getting on a plane now though ;)

::mental note add motion sickness tablets to cunning kidnap caper/plan/thingy...::

Having been gently advised to be careful not to upset Jim following other (genuinely) threatening messages I'd like to state, for the record that I have absolutely no intention of ever kidnapping/harming/fondling or otherwise inconveniencing him. Whilst I am a fan, I am not a psycho (though I acknowledge a certain quirky sense of humour... perhaps I should have posted more before allowing that to spill into my writings).

For any inconvenience or upset I may have caused, I most sincerely apologise.

Az.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »

We could theoretically have Shannon give him a sedative (or get Mickey Finn in on it - ha, I made with the pun!) and put him on a train, but that won't get him overseas. And Shannon would have to keep cleaning up the drool.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »
Any word as to whether Jim and Shannon will be making it to Dragon*Con again this year?
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH