Author Topic: Possible new forum area - trading and the like  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
Possible new forum area - trading and the like
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »
I'm not sure who I should address this to.  Perhaps Iago.  If I get it wrong - sorry.
I was wondering, would it be possible to have an area in the forum where people could list stuff that they wanted to trade or perhaps sell to other forum goers.  No trading/selling would go on in the forum - that would all be conducted by PM or off site.
And to keep the spamers out of it, I would think that you couldn't post unless you were at at least 500 or 1000 posts.
It would be limited to things like books, art work, costume stuff, and, I'm sure, the beaders would post stuff.
The forum also wouldn't or shouldn't be responsible if anything goes wrong.
It's just a thought.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
Re: Possible new forum area - trading and the like
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
speaking as have run and been apart of the admin part on a few boards, most if not all Forums tend to back away from this strictly to avoid legal problems.

even if nothing is finalized on site, the "initial" set up or meeting was done on board and can (if it's pushed) be tagged back to the boards.  It's a great idea and works great most of the time, sadly it takes one a**clown to bring it all crashing down.
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll